Preparing For The Report

I was out of bed a week later. I could now walk around fine, I was back to normal. I hadn't seen Jason the whole time but I wasn't worried, with how much time he had spent with me I assumed that he was just trying to get to know the other girls. I did miss seeing him though.

Tonight Rebecca had said that on the report a portion of the time would be about me. I am supposed to talk about what had happened and I am nervous. I have never even been on the report and suddenly I was going to talk on it.

Two hours before the report my maids brought in a new dress for me to wear. It was gorgeous! It was a beautiful red color, it went down to my ankles. It was a three-quarter sleeve it was layered everywhere so people wouldn't be able to see how skinny I was. I was small to begin with but the recent events really shrunk me, I have lost nearly 20 pounds which I couldn't afford to lose.

My maids helped me put it on and they did my hair and makeup. My hair was in curls around my face, with a braid running down the top of my head. I loved every detail of it. I hugged my maids and glanced at the clock. It was still thirty minutes until show time. I sighed and sat on the edge of her bed and played with her hands, the closer it came to showtime the more nervous she was. Fifteen minutes before the show started she stood up and walked to the studio.

She was the first selected to arrive but the king, queen, and Jason were already there. I curstyed to them and they smiled at me. Jason walked over to me and took my hand and gave it a light squeeze "you're going to do great" he reassured and I smiled to him "I hope so" I said a little nervously.

Then the selected started to arrive so he dropped my hand. I went and sat down in my seat. When the report started I put on a wide smile.

Jack walked on stage and introduced himself. I listened intently while they talked about what was going on with the castes and with rebels. Then before I knew it I heard Jack say my name "now, I'm sure everyone wants to know about one specific selected, and what has happened with her health. Their is no one better for us to talk to then Lady Rosemary herself" I smiled weakly and stood up walking over to Jack.