Chapter Ten

Kim

I could have told Luca ages ago that Anabel wasn't going to go down easily, but of course he had been MIA. Some women can be very vindictive when slighted, I know because I'm one of those women. As upset as I was and as much as I had confidence in his abilities, I knew that his way of fighting was not going to win us this battle. It was likely she wouldn't stop until she had either humiliated us or broken us up. Personally, the latter was impossible because I had worked too damn hard to get here to let some spoiled bimbo ruin what Luca had finally acknowledged. However, I wouldn't die if I somehow got publicly humiliated, you learned to develop a thick skin when you're a known klutz. Luca on the other hand, had a reputation to uphold and an audience that might not be very forgiving if the worst were to happen. Knowing what I had to do, I sighed dramatically, successfully getting his attention.

"What is the matter, Kimberly?" He asked genuinely concerned.

"I'll fix this," I stated simply.

His body tensed immediately and suddenly it felt as though I were lying on a rock, a very hard, unhappy rock. I sighed, internally this time and braced myself for his objections.

"What on earth do you mean by you'll fix it?" He demanded, sounding as if the very thought left an insipid taste in his mouth, "Kimberly this is not a game, these are dangerous people with dangerous connections! You cannot simply waltz in and fix it!"

He took a ragged breath and flipped me onto my back so he could stare me down, "What if you got hurt? Or worst, what if they killed you? How would I be able to live with myself knowing I had put you in harm's way? You cannot expect me to sit idly by while you take on a suicide mission, because that's exactly what you trying to fix this would be. I will not allow it, absolutely not, I will lock you in this room if I have to before I let you get caught in this mess!" He finished, finally out of breath.

"Good you're done," I said in a breezy tone, causing his eyes to narrow to dangerously, "first of all, you can't stop me."

He opened his mouth to protest but I pressed a finger to his lip indicating that seriously wanted him to hear me out, "secondly, if you're so concerned about my safety, keep me covered, protect me at all times." I told him gently, pleased with the way his features softened.

"Third, I never intended to get myself in trouble, you'll be the face of my plan so I doubt they'd dare try to come after you when I get the ball rolling. And lastly Luca Giordano, you won't ever have to know what it is to live without me," he smiled at this, "because if you ever doubt my capabilities again I'll suffocate you in your sleep."

His eyes grew wide with alarm and outrage but I quickly kissed him to take the edge off my threat. I was slightly peeved at him, but I was never to mad for kisses and cuddles. What started out as one kiss turned into many and soon we were locked in an intense make out session. As our lips met again and again, I thought of how much I loved this man. That was what was driving me to end this nonsense quickly so we could build our lives together. My thoughts scrambled as he ran a gentle, yet firm hand up my thigh, sending shivers up and down my spine. He kissed the corner of my lip and began trailing kisses along my jawline. He ventured down the column of my neck, eliciting needy moans from my helpless lips and causing a sticky warmth to pool between my legs. Slowly he rid my body of all clothing except a pair of flimsy underwear, which I was sure he left for the sake of torturing me just a bit longer. The damp feel of his soft, warm lips as they enclosed around my painfully taut nipple left me breathless, unable to utter a sound for fear of dying if my body was put under further strain. With his tongue he drew endless circles around the flat of my nipple before dragging his taste-bud roughened tongue over the straining tip. I scrunched my eyes tightly closed as an almost inhuman keening sound escaped me. He lavished attention on my right nipple while he rolled the left between his thumb and index finger. I had no doubt in my mind that I would come apart before we even got to the good part if he kept doing these things to me. As if sensing my restlessness, he released his hold on my tender breasts and started leaving butterfly kisses down the center of my stomach. I writhed beneath him and he steadied me with firm hands placed at my hips. He dropped the first kiss a mere breath away from aching clit through the fabric of my panties, I sobbed in desperation as the coil in my stomach tightened in an almost unbearable way. His broad shoulders forced my legs wider apart and I closed my eyes even tighter, preparing for an onslaught of pleasure as he lingered closer and closer to where I needed him most.

"Look at me, cara," he whispered the husky command.

My eyes snapped open immediately to meet his heated gaze, the deep brown of his eyes pulling me deeper into his trap. Nipped at my pulsing bud, causing the heat in the pit of my stomach to intensify. He placed kisses around the entire perimeter of my clit, speeding up the usually rhythmic beat of my heart.

This is it, I thought to myself as I closed my eyes, unable to bear the erotic site any longer, I'm going to die.

"Give me your eyes Kimberly," he practically growled.

Heeding his command, I opened my eyes just in time to not only see but feel him pull my engorged clit into the warm haven of his mouth. The thin fabric of my panties did nothing to dim the sensation as the tightly woven coil snapped and I came violently and immediately apart. My hips bucked wildly against the anchor of his hands, trying to reach while simultaneously fighting against the insanely pleasurable sensations that coursed through my body all at once. I sobbed openly and loudly, no longer caring to hide the tears of joy that spilled from my eyes. I tangled my fingers in his hair as I rode wave after wave of pleasure. My body shuddered and gave out as the final spasm swept through my body.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," I chanted breathlessly as I waited for the erratic beating of my heart to go back to its normal pace.

"I love you more, bella." He responded as he wiped tears, to which my only feasible response was more tears.

I didn't care, this was hands down, no questions asked the best damn day of my life.