Excerpt 19

"That's bullshit!" He screams, running his fingers through his tangled hair. "Why, why didn't you get help. My god, you worry me so much. Please, why didn't you get tell me?" He looked at her with pleading eyes, and he slowly examined the freshly cut skin with blood pouring out and the razor that lie on the floor.
"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." She broke down right then and there, speaking only with a whisper. "It's just... I don't like it. I don't like telling people, is it that hard to understand? It's better off if people don't figure out, ya know?They treat you normally before they know but once you tell them about self harming they treat you differently. They treat you as if you're a fragile piece of glass and if they make one wrong move you'll break."

She took a deep breath with her eyes closed, and then continued.
"But... the looks of pity are the worst. God, those looks, I cannot stand those looks people give me once they know. People stare at you with so much worry you're more concerned for them than they are for you. They try to comfort you with the words 'stay strong, everything will be okay' but reality of it all is that in my eyes I don't see it every being okay, and I will have I live with the pain myself because I know better than dragging others into it."

A/N: just to clarify// I do NOT self-harm. I just thought I should write excerpts on things besides heartbreak/love. Comment thoughts/ suggestions?

Next update - tomorrow