Excerpt 24

"I loved how he would be proud of his dorkiness. I would always roll my eyes at him but deep down I absolutely adored him. I love how he was honest and I would never have to worry he was telling a lie, even though he was so brutally honest sometimes it hurt. He had a subtle smell, but when I put my head to his chest for the first time I became addicted to his scent. I loved him very much. To me, he was my world. Although, he's gone now. I guess it's for the better though, even if it hurts." She sighed, her bright smile quickly formed to a frown as she said her last sentence.
"I'd like to believe he was right for me, because my goodness, I tried so hard to be right for him." She laughed a painfully sounding laugh that muffled the cries she could feel coming from her mouth.
"I hope he's doing okay, that's all I really wanted for him, though it hurts knowing he's doing okay without me."

She let a silent tear roll down her cheek before taking a deep breath and forcing a smile again.

"I may be heartbroken right now, but when my world had left I realized there was still a whole universe that I'm willing to explore. He was the boy that wasn't right for me, but in the end I guess that that's how the world works."