Chapter 6

Continued from Chapter 5 - Dev and Sona are in love and now they have to hide it from their parents and almost get caught by Mamiji and Ishwari.

Sona was preparing her chart in the kitchen, she kept looking at the clock. Time seemed to be running extra slow today. She kept imagining Dev and how her dream had come true! She wanted to jump up and dance but she was sure that if she did that somehow Mamiji would see her and scold her again. Arrghh. 

Dev had trouble focusing on his work. He managed to review his valuations and was amazed at the great job his team had done. He sent out an appreciation letter to everyone and praised them for the hardwork. He added all the finishing touches and prepared the final presentation. He was still coughing a bit and wanted to go home and rest. But mostly he wanted to go home and see Sona. 

Just her thought made him smile. Tina looked up and saw Dev smiling. 

"Lagta hai kal Doctor Bose ne aapka bahut achhe se dhyaan rakha Sir!", she teased.

Dev almost nodded, but suddenly realised and looked sternly at Tina. 

"What do you mean Tina?", he asked.

"Sir main to bas ye keh rahi thi ki ab aap better lag rahe hai ..isiliye"

"Hmm.. ab let me focus okay? By the way Tina, kal ke liye thanks. Itni important thi ye deal, aaj ka presentation ho hi nahin pata if you guys wouldn't have worked overtime and finished it."

"No worries Sir. Glad we could help. Dr. Bose ne jab phone receive kiya to woh bahut pareshaan thi. Unhone hamein bataya ki aap kaam ko lekar kafi stressed the lekin aapka fever utarne ka naam hi nahin le raha tha. Unhone hi sab files transfer ka arrangement kiya and she helped us plan everything Sir.", Tina said.

"Achha? Sonakshi.. em..I mean Dr. Bose pareshaan thi? Aur kya kaha?", Dev asked.

"Aur kuchh nahin Sir, bas unki baaton se lag raha tha ki aapki haalat kharaab thi, to aise mein hum kaise nahin pitch in karte? that's all Sir. Waise, ab aap better lag rahe hain.. hope you are feeling fine?"

"Yeah, I'm better. Thodi si thakaan hai .. par much better. Main ghar thoda jaldi hi jaoonga aaj. Tum please sambhal lena. Thanks again!", Dev said.

As Tina left he thought how she had stayed beside him and he could still feel her caressing his head. He felt so lucky to have her love. He felt like he had to go see her now, it couldn't wait.

Sona was lost in her dreams, doodling weird shapes on her chart, thinking about Dev. 

"Ye itne complicated designer charts banana koi aasan kaam nahin ho sakta. Kiske khayalon mein khoi hain jaan sakta hoon main?"

"Dev!"

"SSHHH! Maa sun legi!"

"Aap thik to hain na? jaldi aa gaye! Aaj to presentation tha.. kya hua?", Sona felt his head and his cheeks in concern, he seemed okay.

"Main bilkul thik hoon. Presentation khatam kar ke aa raha hoon, achha gaya and everyone did a great job yesterday. Aap bhi Miss bose."

Dev slid closer to her, slid one arm on her waist and whispered in her ears - "Thank you - for everything"

She trembled and said, "ye thank you kisliye? maine aisa to kuchh bhi nahin kiya.. "

"Aapne kiya. Aapne mera khayal rakha, mere liye jagi rahi, mere kaam ke baare mein sochkar Tina se sab arrange karwaya, magar ye thank you sirf uske liye nahin hai. Thank you for being a part of my life Sona. Ye thank you hai kyunki tum meri zindagi mein aayi, mera saath diya, aur meri sab kuchh ban gayi.. isiliye thank you!"