Chapter 12

Continued from chapter 11 - Sona saves Dev from accident at work. Dev is worried about Sona but ends up not noticing his wound..

The doctor arrived and said Dev need to go to the hospital immediately. He gave him a shot to manage the pain and put him in the ambulance. In the hospital the doctors cleaned up his wound and stitched him up. Sona waited in the lobby filling out the paperwork. She was thankful for Tina's company. 

Dev was resting now and the doctors had assured that it wasn't too bad an injury but just because it was not looked at immediately the risk of infection was high. So they needed to take proper care of dressing and ensure he took antibiotics. He would be discharged the same night.

"Sonakshi mam, aap chinta mat kijiye. Hum sab hain na."

"I know Tina par mujhe samajh nahin aa raha ki Dev ne pehle kyun nahin bola. He carried me in his arms!! Kitna dard ho raha hoga unko aur firr bi.. paagal hain kya wo?! Mujhe to ab gussa aa raha hai khud pe.. maine kaise nahin dekha?", Sona broke down.

"Aap to janti hai Sir ko. Aapki koi galati nahin. Humne ek ghante tak unke saath paperwork aur action items discuss kiye aapke phone karne se pehle aur humein bi kuchh nahin pata chala..Dev sir ko bi shayad hosh nahin tha us waqt. Wo hadse ko lekar itne worked up the!"

"Par meri wajah se.. main unhe dard mein nahin dekh sakti Tina!", Sona's tears wouldn't stop.

"Pata hai yahi baat sir ne aaj mujhse kahi.. aapke liye", Tina smiled, "Sir ne kabhi kaha nahin par main janti hoon aap dono ek doosre se bahut pyar karte hain. Maine aaj tak unhe itn emotional nahin dekha. Gussa bi tha aur darr bi aur guilt bi. Par ma'm doctor ne kaha na ki koi fikar wali baat nahin hai. Sab thik ho hi jayega! Aap please mat roiye. Dev sir hain... itni si chot unka kya bigadegi?"

Sona smiled at Tina. She was like family to Dev. Oh no! thought Sona. Family! Auntyji! What would I tell her? How would I even explain? She almost called her but at the last minute decided to wait. No point letting her worry when shec ouldn't see her son. And how would she even explain what she was doing with Dev here in Ramgarh?!

Dev woke up a few hrs later and looked so much better. Colour had returned to his face and he seemed well rested. He insisted he didn't feel any pain in his arm (probably the drugs!). Sona and Dev went back to the hotel. It was still early in the evening and both of them went to the poolside and Tina had arranged a beautiful poolside candle-lit dinner for them. They deliberately avoided the day's events and talked about different hill stations. 

Sona told Dev how she had almost called Ishwari and Dev was glad she didn't go through with the plan. He decided not to tell full details but was sure his mother would find out about his injury, but he would totally downplay it. Somehow, they both had a wonderful evening, near the pool looking at the stars. 

"Dev pata hai jab doctor ne tumhe hospital le jaane se pehle injection lagaya to tum kaise bachchon jaise mana kar rahe the... haha", teased Sona.

"Shut up! main aisa kuchh nahin kar raha tha.. umm.. waise mujhe injection se bahut darr lagta hai", mumbled Dev.

"Kya kya kya? Kya kaha?"

"Please andhere se darne se to better hai!"

"Umm.. okay okay you win!"

They sat on a swing in the garden. The view from there was fantastic. The night was cold and there were outdoor fireplaces making the atmosphere cozy. Dev and Sona shared a soft warm blanket and sat all entangled in each other. Sona was careful of Dev's bad arm and Dev was careful of Sona;s injured leg, but soon they forgot all that.

"Dev, agar hum dono nahin milte to kya hota?"

"To hum ek doosre ko tab tak dhoondte jab tak hum milte nahin.."