Chapter 18

Continued from Chapter 17 - Ishwari sees her son pining for his love and regrets her decision. She tries to understand Dev-Sona's love and asks Dev to forget the promise he made her..

Ishwari patted an emotional Dev gently and said, "Dekh beta, mujhe waqt lagega. Lekin main koshish karoongi, tere liye, ki main tere nazariye se dekh sakoon."

"Maa tune itna keh diya tujhe pata nahin main aaj kitna khush hoon, kitne dinon baad! Tu world ki best Maa hai..pata hai tujhe?"

"Bas, mujhe ye sab sweekar karne mein ho sakta hai samay lage par main bas itna chahti hoon ki tu kabhi mujhse jhooth na boley ya baatein na chhupaye. Bol karega?"

"Haan maa. Off course."

"Thik hai. Bas ab is baare mein aaj ke liye aur baatein nahin karte. Tu jaa thodi der aaram kar."

Dev kissed his mom and went upstairs. He called Sonakshi.

"Kaisi hain ab daadiji?"

"Better hain and doctors are saying ki recovery achhi ho rahi hai. Thanks. Aap kaise ho? Aaram kar rahe ho? Khana khaya?"

"Haan bas leta hoon.. kahan bhi khaya. Sona, Maa ne apna vaada wapas le liya .."

"Auntyji aayi itni door, I can't tell you how happy it made me.. ek minute.. WHAT?! Kya kaha aapne?"

Dev smiled to himself, "Maa ne kaha ki main apna vaada wapas le loon.. "

"Kya matlab? Dev Auntyji maan to nahin gayi ? Maan gayi? Dev please batao meri jaan nikli jaa rahi hai yahan.."

"Maa ne kaha ki unhe thoda sa time chahiye to adjust to all this but she is willing to try and accept. Better than nothing right?! Hahhaa...", Dev couldn't help but laugh as he pictured Sona's expressions.

Sona was silent. It had been such a roller coaster day and now this! She didn't want to jinx it. She needed time to process. What did it mean? She was shaken back to her senses by Dev's voice on the phone.

"Nahin main hoon.. sun rahi hoon. Haan.. khush hoon. Dev I'll call you back please."

Dev knew that Sona would have been overwhelmed by the news, he was too. He was exhausted and passed out into a deep undisturbed sleep. 

Over the next days, Ishwari would ask Dev questions about Sona and she found out about the time they had gone to the factory and how Sona had saved Dev's life. She found out how much Sona had always cared for Dev and put him before her needs, how she had supported him not only in his personal life but also at times helped him with his professional decisions. She wanted to see how her son felt about the girl and while she felt pangs of jealousy when Dev got extra excited while talking about Sona sometimes, she realised that this would eventually be inevitable and they would want to haev a life together. Ishwari wanted to be a part of her son's life forever but to do so she had to accept that someday Dev would want a family of his own and a life of his own and she didn't want to be a spectator when this happened. She wanted to be there giving them her blessings.

Dev would invite Sona for dinner sometimes upon Ishwari's request, and though things were awkward, soon they started to feel more and more natural. Sona was always extra careful to not appear too close to Dev in front of Ishwari and let things be as they were before Ishwari found out.

One evening Ishwari saw a ring on Sona's left ring finger. She asked her outright if Dev had given her the ring. Sona nodded demurely and things got extremely awkward with the stony silence that followed. 

"Maa, humein na dinner ke baad ice cream khane chalna chahiye. Tujhe bahut pasand hai na? Aur firr kitne din ho gaye tune nahin khayi..", Dev tried to change the topic.

"Haan, chalte hain. Waise Sonakshi tum fir se nutrition banke mana to nahin karogi?"

"Arre nahin Auntyji, thoda sa chalta hai. Aur firr Dev ne bataya mujhe ki aapko ice cream kitni pasand hai. Mujhe lagta hai main aapke baare mein sab kuchh jaanti hoon, Dev to kisi aur ki baat hi nahin karte.", Sona tried to butter-up Ishwari and it worked. Ishwari gave a tiny hint of smile and nodded.

Dev and Sona exchanged a glance and a smile. He felt that there wasn't anything that the two of them couldn't fix together. Love had only made them stronger. People called their loved ones their weakness, but for Dev and Sona they were each others' strength. They would have ups and downs but that's life and their unending trust in their love would tide them through.

After all love is the foundation of life, a son's devotional love towards his mother, a mother's protective love towards her son through whom she lived her dreams, a man's love for the woman who accepts and supports him through his journeys and a woman's love for the man who stands by her and never gives up. 

In the end love heals and nurtures everything...

The END.

Note: My dear reader friends. This was my first ever fanfiction/story and I am overwhelmed by the love and support I received from you. I will try and write more as I love writing, but I would love to hear your honest feedback and try to improve as I go.

I love the series and the characters and I didn't want Ishwari to be a bad character. Also Dev and Sona had to stay strong and stand up for their love amidst struggles. I didn't put in a lot of Mamiji or Neha, because to be honest I don't like them and find them distracting (:)). But I do love Tina and Nikki because they are very nice and relatable characters, so I put in more of them. 

Hope you could see the Dev-Sona love and bonding evolve in this story and the ending had to be happy because I don't want love to lose - at least not in stories!!! haha.

Sending lots of love and million thanks to all my readers. If you liked it please please please share it with your friends and family and spare some minutes to give some feedback. Bricks and bats welcome!

Thanks again...