Chapter 1; My Story

*Author's note*

Hey ya'll well here is the first chapter of Bad Wolf, sorry for putting you guys on hold for awhile I was so focused on my requests as well as Gypsy wolf hoping to finish it before I go back to school in a month *which I may not even have time to update even then idk we'll see* but anyways here's the first chapter and I hope you guys enjoy it. I had to do some research on the Cherokee and their legend for this chapter so if I get anything wrong, please inform me and I will fix it up ASAP. So I'll just shut up and let you guys enjoy and fill free to play the music above as you read to channel your inner wolves and possibly Native American heritage

_______________________________________

My story begins just like anyone else's story, maybe even yours. My parents were both nature photographers who abandoned all city life to settle into the countryside of Oklahoma, there they met some members of the Cherokee tribe. After been given their trust, my parents soon became members and friends of the Cherokee and they soon realized that this specific group of Cherokee ancestors were once members of a clan known as the Aniwaya meaning "Wolf clan".

The Aniwaya's taught my parents all of their legends and tales from their ancestors and though they no longer go out to war anymore, they still praise the wolf as a teacher and mentor in their hunting skills and in ways of life. The Spirit of Wolf lives within us and it is up to us which wolf we show before others. My parents always took that lesson to heart, even as their greatest gift was bestowed upon them.

One full moon night, I soon came into this world and breathed my first breath of air.

The chief, Waya meaning Wolf then marked me with the symbol of their tribe and I was soon walked around the entire village in his arms so that his people could meet the newest member of their tribe. My parents then named me (y/n) (y/m/n) (y/l/n).

As I grew, I was soon taught the ways of the tribe just like my parents were and I would go out with my parents every day to watch them take pictures of all the animals that roamed free through the plains. From buffalo, deer, moose, bears, mountain lions, eagles and of course the wise and magnificent wolf. As they would take pictures, I was given stories that I would have to memorize and soon speak in the tongue of the Cherokee before the chief to show him all that I've learned.

And on some occasions when my parents would take pictures of the wolf packs that would come near the village, while their pups were playing with each other or other members of their pack one specific wolf pup always got my attention the most whenever I was trying to study.

He would always come up to me as soon as I would look at him and he'd start rolling around as soon as he'd come up to me just begging to be played with. I always fell under his spell and just couldn't stop myself from sneaking away from my parent's side and going to go play with the little pup.

I called him, Little Grey.

After only a few seconds of playing and him nibbling on my fingers, his mother would soon call out for him getting the attention of my parents. As Little Grey's mother would call for him, my mother would then call for me and soon we'd have to go our separate ways. And it was always the same story whenever I got to my parents.

"(Y/n), what have we told you?" Mom would say.

"But mom, Little Grey started it".

"Honey it's not okay for them to interact with us, now come on its getting dark we better start heading back". Dad said as he would gather up their stuff and wed head back towards the village. As we walked back to the village hand in hand my mom then said to me.

"Besides, that wasn't Little Grey that was Rama".

"No it wasn't it was Little Grey".

"Little Grey was the runt of the litter (y/n), he's too big to be Little Grey" dad said.

"Check, check the pictures".

Later that night as we were now back at the village, I was with Chief Waya for my final lesson before bed.

"There was once an old legend of a Cherokee grandfather who told his grandson of the Battle of the Two wolves that live inside every being. One is evil full of anger, hatred, greed, and hate but the other one is good, full of love, joy, compassion and kindness. The grandson asked which wolf won the battle and the grandfather simply stated "The one you feed" so you see young pup, the wolf you feed is the one you will become. You feed the bad one the hatred that you carry, then you become the Bad Wolf. But if you feed the Good Wolf, keeping and holding onto the love and happiness you hold with your family and friends then you become the Good Wolf".

"So it's always based on the person and their actions?"

"Yes. Most men prefer the feed the Bad wolf sadly though, but the world is not always cruel, there are some good wolves out there, always hold that hope that goodness still lurks in this dark world my little one".

"I will Chief, I promise, I'll never become a Bad Wolf".

"I know you will my little Waya".

"Pardon me Chief, but it's time for our daughter to be asleep" my dad said as he entered the chief's home.

"Of course my son," Chief Waya stated. He then placed his hand at the center of my forehead and slowly moved his fingers down to the tip of my nose, a sign of leadership of passing wisdom to the next generation as well as his way of showing affection to the young ones of the tribe.

"Goodnight Chief Waya".

"Goodnight my little Child of the Moon". I then took my dad's hand and he led me back to our house.

I got on my nightdress made by a family friend of ours made of deer skin as my mom stated playfully.

"Alright you, we said into bed".

"See, I am in bed!" I said as I took the blankets and covered myself up.

"Now (y/n), what made you think that wolf pup you were playing with was Little Grey?"

"I was right wasn't I?"

"Well, according to our notes, Little Grey was the runt of the litter, either we were mistaken or Little Grey is a very special wolf pup" daddy said.

"I told you so". I teased.

"Yeah you did, and mommy and daddy are going to write in their journals of how our trusted colleague Dr. (Y/n) (l/n) has shown us the error of our ways" we all softly laughed then daddy said.

"Alright now, go to sleep". I then rocked my wind chime and as it played it's gentle song my mom soon sung an old Cherokee lullaby as I gently fingered her wolf totem necklace around her neck and he gently gripped onto mine as she continued singing. I softly mouthed out the words to myself and soon I fell into a deep sleep. My parents kissed me goodnight and soon they too went to sleep just a couple of feet away from my bed.

The creatures of the night from the crickets to the wolves howling at the moon became our music box as the tribe went to sleep.

My life was like a fairytale with two loving parents, a wonderful family and a beautiful place to call home that's filled with wild animals that guide and protect us from the real world threat. But like all fairytales, tragedy must strike in order to gain a happy ending as I would soon find out two years later.