Ch. 7: Unexpected Company

Thomas's POV

Well this is just GREAT. I have now two men that could steal my chance with (Y/n). Especially Mark. I gotta look out for him. (Y/n) would always laugh at everything he said. Every time I heard it, it reminded me of times I could be making her laugh. "And then I played the 3rd try not to laugh challenge with-"
"Team Edge!" She finished with a giggle. "I remember that, you wouldn't laugh until Bryan stuck a pencil in your
ear."
(Y/n) and Mark laughed as I cringed slightly.
"You doing okay there, bud?" Felix whispered as the other two continued chatting.

"Yeah, I'm fine...just a chill."

"Dude, it's April in California. There's no such thing as 'Just a chill'!"

I didn't say anything. I could see Felix looking over towards Mark and then to (Y/n) in the rear view mirror.

"You like her, don't you?" He asked even quieter.

I tried to focus on the road so I wouldn't get lost...

"Y-yeah. I do." I answered.

Felix giggled and sat back in his seat.

"Don't say anything!" I mouthed as he trailed his closed thumb and pointer finger across his shut lips.

He "threw away the key" as I relaxed a bit, but quickly tensing up once more after hearing sirens.

Oh god,

I checked the rearview again to see flashing blue and red lights glowing in a circular motion.

"Shit." Felix exclaimed.

"Limited language." I weakly scolded as I was calmly pulled over.