Ch. 8: Stolen

Your POV

The car slowly pulled over towards the side of the road as my heart sunk. "Thomas?" I asked in a quiet voice. The cop exited the car and walked towards us with a notepad in hand.

Well...greeeeeeeeeat.

"Why hello, young man." The officer stated to Thomas.

Thomas slightly gulped.

"Wh-what seems to be the problem?" He asked nervously.

"Well, we got a call from the radio that this here vehicle has been stolen from an ice cream shop. A girl called in a report when you left."

Fangirls.

You can never get too attached.

"Stolen?! Pfft! I've had this car since I was 18!! How can this be stolen?!"

"Just give me your license and registration, please. It's been a long night for me and I want to speed up this process."

Thomas sarcastically chuckled.

"You and me both."

The cop glared at Thomas before being handed Thomas's drivers license.

"Sorry." Thomas muttered.

"WE WERE ATTACKED!!" Mark shouted from behind me, making my body jump in surprise.

"THERE WERE GIRLS AND GUYS EVERYWHERE TRYING TO MEET US!! WE ARE FAMOUS INTERNET STARS AND YOU HAVE TO CUT US SOME SLACK!!!"

The police looked in the back of the seat with a raised eyebrow.

"Mark?" He asked softly, lowering the notepad.

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Oh my God! If it isn't Mark Edward Fischbach! Trumpet Boy!"

"Heheh! I haven't been called trumpet boy since high schoo......"

Mark words drifted off as he got a better look at the police.

"Ralph!?"

The police hollered in enjoyment.

"Where have you been all these years?!"

"Wait, you know him?"Thomas asked confused.

"YEEAAH! I've known him since third grade. We've been friends ever since then! We just haven't talked in forever!"

The police chuckled and fully placed his notepad on his holster.

"What if I tell you I'll save this piece of paper for another stolen vehicle at another time and let y'all off the hook?"

"That would be amazing!!" I shouted with joy, interjecting with the conversation.

"Alright well, it's been great seeing ya Mark! We'll have to hang out sometime!"

"Sounds good, dude. See ya around!"

The cop handed Thomas his ID and walked back to his car, driving off in front of us quickly.

We all sat there a little longer.

"You were a little quiet back there Felix." I stated out.

Felix hid his face in his shirt. "I've had bad experiences with cops in my lifetime." He simply replied.

We all just laughed and continued to drive. Until a few moments later...

"Shit." Thomas exclaimed.

"Wooooah! I believe that's the first time I've ever heard you cuss!" I recalled jokingly. But Thomas kept a serious face on and looked around frantically on the empty highway.

"Um...guys? We...may be....lost."