Conversations

Cadeyrn looked at Clive "you already know."

Clive's eyes got huge as all the pieces fell into place. "You can't be." He whispered. Cadeyrn laughed, making the whole tavern go silent. All eyes were once again on the table of eight. The one man who had remained silent the entire time simply nodded his head. He too had guessed the strangers were not exactly strangers. He was but a child when he had seen the one stranger.

Cadeyrn ignored Clive for now and turned towards the man who had asked the strangers who they were. "I have answered your question. Now who are you?" The man looked at Cadeyrn. "Names Cyrus."

Cadeyrn looked at the man. "Strange name for these parts."

Cyrus frowned. "Nothing strange about it." He was a stranger on the island. A Persian wasn't always welcome.

Cadeyrn smiled at Cyrus. He didn't say another word. Instead his eyes travelled towards the girl standing just off his left. He had watched the girl with violet eyes walk down the stairs from the balcony above. Her eyes had followed his comrades and himself since they entered the tavern. Since then she had silently made her way closer.

Cyrus hiccuped causing Cadeyrn to look once again at the man. "You are not from these parts is what I meant by your name being strange." 

Cyrus eyed the stranger more closely as he spoke. "I have lived here almost half my life."

The whole table laughed, even some of the other patrons laughed lightly. The whole place was silent as the table of eight talked.

Whispered words and clanking glasses the only sounds as everyone waited for Cadeyrn to speak. They were all disappointed when the group of four got up. "We must leave. Our time here is up." He said to the tavern crowd. Then his eyes landed on Cyrus once again. "We will see each other again."

Then as silently as they came the four strangers left. Leaving the tavern patrons staring at the swinging doors. Then the whole tavern erupted into conversation. Only one person stood silent still staring at the doors. Her violet eyes not missing the way the leader turned his head slightly and looked at her. Her heart thudded in her chest as a slight wave of fear gripped her. She shook her head slightly as a hand touched her shoulder.

<><><><><><1,993><><><><><>