The Journey has Begun

Athena watched the water lapping at the side of the ship as it skillfully cut threw the water. Nobody paid her any attention as she quietly stared in awe. She remembered the saying about the water changing colours from green to white. And sure enough the water began to change. The swells of the waves began to get stronger and lapped at her feet.

A strong arm wrapped around her waist. "You have to be careful now. I can't allow you to fall over board." His voice was like music to her ears. A voice  she didn't realize she was beginning to become addicted to. His touch was gentle though she could feel the callouses on his hands. Her thoughts immediately went to images of him hovering above her. Her cheeks turned slightly pink at her thoughts and she avoided looking at the handsome man. His other hand went to her other hip as he moved her to stand right in front of him. He leaned down and spoke in her ear once again. "Over there is the Mystic Falls." He lifted his hand and pointed just off to their right. Athena looked over and at first she didn't see anything. Then as the ship got closer she saw a cliff with a massive waterfall cascading down the side of it. A rainbow formed at it's base. The ship turned towards the cliff. The waves began to get stronger. Cadeyrn's arm tightened around her small waist anchoring her in place. The water had turned green again as they approached the cliff side. The ship didn't slow and Athena began to panic slightly. Cadeyrn chuckled lightly. "Do not fear." He whispered to her as the ship crashed into the cliff side. Athena braced for the impact that never came and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Where are we?" She asked. "We are close to where I live." Cadeyrn replied as he carefully turned her to lead her to the entrance.

No words were spoken as the ship's crew unloaded their goods and headed towards an opening in the small cave they were in. There was no sound. No waterfall and no sunlight inside the cave. It was black as night though she could see clearly. Cadeyrn's arm never left her waist as he lead her towards his comrades. He let go of her waist to pick up a box of supplies. The darkness over took her and she couldn't see a thing. "Relax. Close your eyes then open them again." She heard someone say. Doing as she was told she closed her eyes and opened them once again. The cave was once again visible to her eyes.

She saw several men with sneers on their faces. Their whole demeanour screamed not nice. Athena quickly picked up a box filled with supplies and followed Cadeyrn silently avoiding the men.

They came to a set of stairs that carved there way threw the rocks. Athena carefully began her decent following Cadeyrn. She watched as the dirt began to give way to floor and ceiling windows looking straight into the water. Fish and sharks swam by without a care.

"Come Athena. We must continue." Cadeyrn said chuckling. Athena nodded and followed behind him once again.

Athena and Cadeyrn came up to a central fortress featuring soldiers, with horned helmets and round shields. They passed through a labyrinth of circular walls, with a floor of polished pebbles. In the very centre of the fortress was a limestone altar decorated with a crescent moon. Sitting on a throne next to the altar was a man like no other. Cadeyrn stopped making Athena most run into him. Two women dressed in silver coloured dresses walked up to the pair. They held out their hands. Cadeyrn handed his box of supplies to the one woman. Athena done the same. Then Cadeyrn looked at the man sitting on the throne. He bowed to the man. Athena felt compelled to do the same.

When she stood up again the man was standing in front of her. His smile was wide. Athena looked up at the man. She noticed he had one eye that he kept closed. "My dear Athena. It's been awhile. What a beautiful woman you have turned into." He said. Athena looked towards Cadeyrn, he was still bowed down a trace of a smile played on his lips.

"You know me?" Athena said looking back at the man before her. The man smiled at her. "Of course I know you. We will have food. You must change first. Cadeyrn show her to her room." With those words the throne disappeared and the man seemed to vanish into thin air.

Cadeyrn stood up and took Athena's hand. Instantly she felt safe and her body relaxed. He silently led her to a room. He took her hand and placed it on a piece of glass. The door opened revealing a room with large windows. Fish swam by. "How?" She asked finally.

"Balor will explain it all. Quickly wash up and change. I will be back to take you to him." Cadeyrn said as he turned around to leave her room.

"Cadeyrn" she said. He paused instantly not daring to turn around. The way she said his name had him aching to hold her. He wanted more then to hold her.

"I will be back Athena. You are safe here. Please wash up and change." He said. He couldn't look at her. He feared he would do something he shouldn't, at least not yet. He needed to talk to Balor.

"Ok." He heard her say. His heart broke at the sound of defeat in her voice. It took all his strength to walk away from her.

Athena watched him walk away as tears threatened to spill down her cheeks. What was making her sad? She questioned herself as the door slid closed blocking her view. She looked around the room. It was simple yet elegant. Decorated in many different gems and precious metals. She saw a closed door and walked towards it. She opened the door the same way her room door opened. It revealed a beautiful bathroom. Hanging on a hook was a dress the colour of gold. She touched the fabric enjoying the feel of the silk. Tiny gems glistened in the light. This dress was meant for royalty she couldn't wear this dress. She wasn't anyone special. As she thought those words another dress appeared. This one was the same colour though it didn't have the gems the other one had. She stared in awe until she heard a knock on her room door.

She walked towards it. And a small window appeared in the door. "I am Selena. When you are done I am to help you with your hair." The woman said. Athena stood shocked. "I will wait out here. Hurry though my lady." The woman said. Athena nodded and turned back toward the bathroom. She hurried inside to shower and dress.

<><><><><><3,875><><><><>