Chapter 49 - The brother I chose

"Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you've made. If you want a different result, make a different choice."

It had been more than a week, quickly approaching two weeks already

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It had been more than a week, quickly approaching two weeks already. Amity was a faction that truly got on my nerves, but I wasn't the only one. This peace-loving community, and go with happiness shit, was really bothering me. I blew out a deep breath and stretched beneath the comforter. The weather was luckily still very warm and it didn't matter that everything was out in the open.

The small cottage we had been instructed to remain in, or me, Four and Tris, was packed with beds. Even through we had been allowed to stay here in amity, under the assumption we were amity ourselves, we still stuck out like an animal that didn't belong there. We were too loud, not conforming properly and Johanna was getting tired of us. I could see it in her eyes whenever they locked with mine.

Our tattoos, or mostly Tris and mine, stuck out from underneath the usual attire. I usually had to keep a long sleeved shirt on whenever I ventured out from the cottage. I missed the darker nuances of clothes I had worn in dauntless, and the more form fitting clothes that was easier to move around in. I had opted for pants instead of the usual skirt most of the amity women wore.

I rubbed the remainder of my sleep out of my eyes. Then I raised up onto my elbows with a small grunt of annoyance, it was barely light out. I had woken before dawn like I always did. The others were still sleeping, on their own beds positioned around me. Their breathing slow and steady, telling me just that fact.

I was lying on my stomach, on the bed that I had claimed. In the other end of the room was Four and Tris. They were snuggled against each other and I felt a twinge of jealousy, tears swelling before I quickly got off the bed. I didn't bother dressing properly and kept the shorts and t-shirt I had slept in on as I ventured out into the fields in front of the cottage, before hurrying towards the forest surrounding amity. It was what was between the fence and the faction.

I had grabbed the walkie from under my bed, and turned it on the moment I exited the cottage. Ezekiel hadn't checked in yesterday, and I feared something had happened to him. There were cameras everywhere, even at the fence. Had they finally figured out he had helped me, Four, Tris and the group of abnegation refugees now also living among amity. Had it not been for Marcus, we would never have persuaded the amity leader Johanna to let us stay here.

I found a comfortable spot on the damp ground and held the walkie in both hands which was now gathered in my lap. My head hanged low while I prayed for anything other than static. I had waited for an hour yesterday. My hands tightened around the black object as the silence prolonged. Something was wrong. Then a click and a raspy voice. "Octavia—"

"Zeek! Is that you!" I was quick to press the button and put the walkie to my mouth. "What's happened? Why didn't you check in yesterday?" I tried not to scream at him. I had been very worried, and it soon turned to anger when he didn't reply right away.

Ordinary Acts of Bravery [A Divergent Fanfic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें