Like a firefly

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Killuas' P.O.V

You know that old saying?

The one that's always been said, overly expressed and written in quotes?

'Love comes when you least expect it' 

Yeah, that one...

At first, I never really got sayings like that. I never believed in them really, I always thought, they're just stupid quotes that some loser made up ya know?

But...

As cliché as it sounds... Them words have a little more meaning to me than I ever thought they would.

*3 Years ago*

"You're assumption is right you know.. I no longer want to be apart of this family business any more. Actually, I want nothing more but to walk out of this life completely." I say coldly as I glare at my so called father, starring daggers in his direction.

My "father" chuckles to my coldness towards him,

"Now-now, kil. You are my son, you have no choice but to inherit the family business with the role of a pro assassin, in replacement for myself. It's the only reason you were born, son." he lends me a calm and collected smile as if my future played nicely in the palms of his hands.

"No." I whisper. "Not this time. You can't just plan my life out for me! I'm sick of killing people! I'm sick of it! I'm don-"

but before I could shout another word, silver (father) had me by the head with his huge, manly claws. He easily lifts me off the gound with one hand, like a little boy would with his toys and stares at me coldly. I instantly struggle at his strong grasp and use every ounce and strength I had to try and wiggle free.

"Kil. You will listen when I say that you're my son. I've chosen you because of your natural abilities. Ever since birth, you were naturally gifted to become a pro assassin for the Zoldycks. It runs in your blood. No matter where you go in life, you will belong no where else but here." He snarls, as he burns his piercing blue eyes in line with my own.

As soon as those words came traveling to my ears, I stop struggling and let my limbs hang loose.

Slowly, he lowers me to the ground and returns back to his usual seating. I send him a yet another deadly glare, trying to make sure he felt the flare in the depth of my heart and the ice within my eyes.

I sigh. Not wanting to stay here any longer then I already have, I stick my hands in my pockets, close my eyes and head to my room.

I had nothing else better to do anyways...

***

I slam my door and collapse on my bed with a dull thud. Feeling bored, I close my eyes and let sleep over ride me in seconds.

*hours later*

I wake up for a slit second to these demanding sounds of running footsteps that recently shadow past my door. I tightly shut my eyes again, trying to fight my growing frustration until the sound grew faint to my ears.