Chapter Four

From outside the school, I looked through a window to see where everyone went.
     The class was huddled together inside a small room. The teacher was too worried about their safety, to actually see if they were ALL there. Chloé looked very uncomfortable between Ivan and Juleka, and I could see Alya smirking at her from the outside of the group. As long as they were safe there would be no pro-
     - Adrien isn't in there.
     The doofus still hasn't left the classroom? I can't believe this! I'm gonna have to go in there and get him out.. but the teacher should send someone to get him. I need to stop that lady.
     Sorry Adrien.
     The sky was dark, trees were bending over, people were rushing around, and I was just standing there unsure of what to do. I mean, it really could just be a big storm right? No, of ccourse not.
     A figure among the crowd caught my interest. Dressed completely in black, with blonde hair. He bolted around people at great speed, and used a metal stick to jump over a few buildings.
Wait.
'Chat Noir saves the day again when he single handed my defeats the Pharoah.'
   That's gotta be him. And he was heading over to a park.
   "Alrighty then. I needed a nice day at the park, but this will do."

    I glided from building to building. My (fake) wings cut through the air as I descended near a park bench. Chat Noir landed a few feet away, and instantly looked at me.
     We yelled to each other simultaneously, although I knew the answer. "Who are you?!?!"
     Farther behind me, something was zapping and crackling. I turned, and there was the girl that I called Hawkmoth when I first saw her.
     "That doesn't matter now, we should be asking who SHE is!" I pointed at her, and she turned her attention at us. She glared and faced away from where she had just hit.
     "Great! If it isn't Chat Noir. I am Stormy Weather, the only weather girl who gets the forecast right. And unfortunately for you, there is a freak icy front coming in right now!" She laughed wildly. Her weapon - which was a parasol - was pointed in our generally direction, ready to be used.
     Seemingly understand the situation quickly, we jumped up at the right time to avoid the icy blast.
     I looked back at Chat Noir as I began to run.
     "I'll get the people out of here, you take care of cyclone hair." I shouted over the strong winds. He laughed at the name, then saluted as he jumped onto a fence.
     Even though I should have been doing something helpful, my curiosity got the better of me. Just what exactly does this guy do that is so amazing?
     Stormy Weather hovered around, continuing to damage her surroundings, when Chat slid down the metal fence.
     "Hey ice queen." She turned to him, angry and ready to attack. "What's with all the terrorizing? Why don't you pick on someone your own temperature."
     "My name is not ice queen, it's Stormy Weather!"
     He slide down the fence and began to swing his tail. "Listen, I'm feline more generous than usual today, so cool down and I'll call it quits. Kay?"
     She looked at him with an unamused stare as she opens her parasol. A gust of wind blew Chat right off his feet, and he hit a few cars on his way back to the ground. His face smacked against the concrete, and he slumped over.
     The people were all safe at this point, so I rushed to his side.
     "Crap crap crap crap! Are you okay?"
     He jumped up at the sound of my voice and brushed himself off. "Pfff, yeah. I mean, cats always land on their feet right?"
     "Sure. That's what you did." I said, trying not to smile.
     Ignoring my comment, he continued to talk. "Anyway, I'm thinking the akuma is in the parasol."
     I stared at him for a second, completely clueless. "The what?"
     "Akuma's? How can you not know what those are as a miraculous user?"
     "Look kitty cat, I've only fought criminals. Give me a while to get used to people like the 'ice queen' over there!" I said, quoting the name Chat had first given Stormy Weather.
     "Ok Scales! We just need to get the parasol, and break it."
     How could he be so calm about that? I understand that he has dealt with these things before, but literally fighting a storm? Dang.
     Stormy Wrather paid no attention to our bickering. Her attention was focus on a high tech billboard/tv with the picture of a short haired girl. A smile spread across her face as she aimed her parasol at the screen, blasted her ice, and continued on down the street.
     Chat glanced back at me. "Follow my lead."
     He ran towards a building and started running along the walls. I stared for a minute, completely baffled, then did the same on the other side. If I wasn't currently focusing on running up the side of a building, I would be congratulation myself for 'not falling'!
     Stormy looked back to see us bound toward her, and took to an attack stance. "Not you again!" She opened her parasol, and we were forced back by the icy blue wind. Cars came flying with us, and we jumped around to avoid being hit when we landed.
     We paused for a second, as the sound of something else flying around got louder.
     A bus was about to come down on us. I yelled at Chat before latching my whip - that's my weapon by the way, forgot to mention that - onto a street light. "Look out!" I yelled as I grabbed his hand and pulled us out of the way. The bus slid a few feet before coming to a complete stop. The streets were a mess.
     I broke out running. "C'mon Chat, we can't let her get away."
     Something latched onto my wrist, pulling me back. Chat pulled me close, not saying a word for a full minute.
     "How is it fair that you know my name, but I don't know yours?" He asked. His eyes dug into mine, and his hand still clamped around my wrist.
     I struggled in his grasp, uncomfortable with how close we were. "Chat, not now please. Someone could get hurt if we don't stop her."
     "I need to know who my new partner is. Besides, you just saved my life."
     "Next time, don't risk your life, or I'll have to do it again."
The crackling sound from before echoed opinion my ears, and here I was, being held by a boy in a cat suit. He was holding us back, because he only wanted my name. Was that such a bad thing? To fight along side someone who knew me? Trusted me?
     I guess I do. "SnapDragon."
     He stared at me for a second longer, then let go and smiled. "It is a pleasure to finally be aquatinted Snapdragon. Your name kinda makes sense, since you are pretty snappy." He wiggled his eyebrows and grinned.
     Staring at him completely annoyed, and without saying a word, I bolted in the direction that Stormy Weather headed. Behind me I could hear Chat apologizing.
     The broken screen she destroyed suddenly came to life, and her face appeared on the screen.
     Instead of hearing what she had to say, Chat grabbed my hand and pulled me along. "No time, I already know where she is."