Chapter Eight

My alarm rang like a siren, and I bolted up from my bed. I'm not sure why I keep it so close, but at least I'm awake. Mocco on the other hand, was still asleep on my forehead. I don't know how he ended up there. I don't know a lot of things this morning.
     I spoke to myself, just under a whisper. "Okay, today's the revealing." I took Mocco off my head gently, but continued to talk as I got ready for the day. "I just have to transform into SnapDragon, and make it to the revealing on time, even though its probably already started. How hard could that be?" I paused as I was getting dressed, but kept talking. "That could be pretty had I guess. If something happens in the next five minutes, I'll just have to think my way around it. I mean, the statue is for Chat and I. It would be pretty bad if only Chat shows up."
     I paused again as I was grabbing my bad. "But what if he doesn't show up? What if I get there and its only me. He's been doing this for longer than I have. If he doesn't show up, it'll just be me there, waving awkwardly."
     I gently grabbed Mocco and set him in my bag as I headed for the kitchen. Still. Talking. "Forget about Chat. You need to worry about yourself. Dad is probably going to come wake me up in ten minutes for bonding time, but you can just say that you went out for more..... celery. Or something else, since we have enough. But what he comes out earlier and-"
     "You talk too much." Mocco grumbled. He floated up to my eyes, rubbing his own. "Y'know, kwami's need beauty sleep."
     "Sorry Mocco, I didn't mean to wake you."
     He popped into the fridge, and it opened to him eating his celery. "Well, at least you brought me to heaven." He sighed blissfully as he chewed on the stick.
     Instead of celery, I had a piece of toast with (something) on it. "Hurry up though, we have to transform. Just not here."
     He groaned, floating into my bag with his celery stick. "Helmet time?"
     I nodded. "Helmet time."
     He put on his helmet, which made him look so adorable. "Lets go already."
     I laughed as I headed for the door. "You don't need to be such a grumpy grape."
     "That doesn't even make sense."
     "What doesn't even make sense (y/n)?" A voice said from behind.
     I turned around quickly to see my dad standing in the hallway entrance. "Where are you headed off to?"
     "Oh, h-hi dad! I was, just um, going to go..... " Think of something! " See Alya. We're, um, we're studying animal behaviors during our free time at the zoo."
     Nonono. What did I just do?!
     A smile lit up his entire face. "Studying animals? Aha! Kiddo, you've been bringing Alya to my job site? How have I not seen you there before?"
     Yeah, forgot to mention my dad gets to clean the cages and feed the animals with the guy that was Animan.
     I rubbed my neck, clearly trapped. "We must be in different areas when we go. Well, speaking of go, I gotta meet Alya there." I turned to the door.
     "Why don't I take you? I'm heading there anyway."
     "Nononoo dad, it's ok! I can take my motorbike." I reached out for the door handle.
     "Nah, it's ok. I'm ready to leave anyway. Just let me get some shoes on." He said as he calmly walked into the other room.
     I on the other hand, was totally freaking out. I wasn't saying anything but you would see me freaking out instantly.

     After a ten minute drive, we arrived in the parking lot of the zoo. Dad was getting some stuff from the back of the car, so I sprinted for somewhere to transform.
     "Seeyouinsideloveyoudadbye!" I yelled over my shoulder.
     Finding a spot where no one could see me, Mocco came out of my bad. "I knew something bad was gonna happen! We're late! Wings out!"
     Once fully transformed, I swung away like my life depended on it. My dad saw me, and stared in pure amazement. "Is that SnapDragon?!"
     With no time to wave, my wings spread out and I was flying high in the sky.

(during the time with your dad)
Chat's p.o.v
     I waved at the people as they snapped photos and took videos of me.
     The guy that made the statue looked up at me. "Uh, Chat Noir? SnapDragon still isn't here."
     "Don't worry about SnapDragon, I'm sure she'll be here any minute. I can handle this for now. I'm the one in charge anyway y'know." I sat down on the statues edge.
     He pulled out a newspaper clipping. "It's just that, I wanted her to autograph this photo. She's amazing. Brave, smart, always saving everyone."
     The mayor looked to the sky. "Perhaps we should start the ceremony. She might come faster."
     The guy held up his hand. "Please, just five more minutes. She's going to come, I can feel it."
     So we waited, but the mayor got impatient and started anyway. "Its only fair for Paris to pay our respects to those who protect us from evil." The sheet that covered the statue was pulled down, and everyone gasped.
     SnapDragon had her whip coiled in her hand, and with her wing outstretched she looks to the sky. I had my hand to the ground, with my eyes staring straight ahead. I gotta say, we looks pretty sweet.
     "For SnapDragon and Chat Noir!"
     Questions and cheers were mingled together as people marveled at the artwork. But after a few minutes, the crowd dispatched, leaving only the artist, the mayor, and myself.
     I leaned against the artist, putting my arm on his shoulder. "This looks amazing, but I'm actually taller than her."
     He seemed disappointed. "She didn't show up. I jut wanted to show my admiration. I'm sure if she took a little time to know me, she would see how much we have in common."
     Oh no man, you're not messing with my dangerous flower.
     "Hey, don't mean to burst your bubble, but SnapDragon and I are a thing. Yeah, we're like this." I crossed my fingers.
     He pushed me away angrily, and stormed off. I smiled at the thought of Me and SnapDragon, as I headed back to my fencing lesson.

Your p.o.v (about time author)
     I'm still flying, but I see it! The statue! Wow.... Chat should be a little bit taller though.
     I landed on a building top. "Why isn't anyone here? Did I miss it?!?! Oh no! Im such an idiot!" I placed my head in my hands and sat down. "Could things get any worse?"
     From an open window below, the news was talking about Chat Noir. "Whaaaah?" I jumped down and rested on the window sill. A little girl noticed me, and pointed at me while laughed happily.
     "It's SnapDragon!"
     Her parents turned around and smiled. "What are you doing here?"
     "I heard Chats name on the news, is something going on?"
     The woman answered seconds after. "There has been a robbery at the Louvre, and the robber is Chat Noir!"
     "What?!" I entered the room, and strode right up to the tv. The family behind me whispered about how the famous SnapDragon was in their house.
     On the tv, Chat held the Mona Lisa. "This painting is the cats meow." And with that he sprinted away.
     "Chat Noir is a lot of things, but he is no thief. Thanks for letting me in for a sec, but I gotta fly."
     I smiled at the parents and gave the little girl a hug, which the mom took a picture of, and jumped out the window. I latched my whip onto a roof and began heading for the Louvre.

     The Louvre was in my sight within minutes. Police cars had surrounded the building, and the mayor was waiting impatiently. I jumped down with a flip, and ran up to him. "Mr. Mayor, this is crazy. No, this isn't right."
     A cop strode up confidently to us. "Kitty's in the slammer SnapDragon."
     I began walking past him. "There is now way tha-" He held his hand out in front of me.
     "Hold on SnapDragon, leave it to the professionals."
     I muttered under my breath. "If you had it under control they would have made a statue of you guys." But then I spoke up. "Y'know Chat can just get out with his cataclysm."
     "We're prepared for the that."
     A second later, a message came in on the cops walkie talkie. "Chat Noir is escaping."
    I looked at the cop and nodded with a smirk as we went into the Louvre.
     Cops were knocked down, groaning and coughing. "So, he's innocent huh? Would someone innocent do this?"
     "Um, if you were wrongly imprisoned, wouldn't you make a run for it?"
     My whip began to beep, so I ran away from the cop. I knew it was a phone call from Chat Noir.
     "Hey Chat, what the heck is going on? Where are you?"
     "You know I'm innocent, don't ya snappy?" He asked, not answering my question.
     "Uh huh, kitten. This is serious."
     He laughed in a serious situation. I just wanna flick him in the nose for that. "I know. I've gotta find the culprit and save my tail." He replied, and I picked up my pace.
     Outside, Chat was being chased by a helicopter.
     The cop came back out." Aren't ya gonna go get him?"
     I smile back as I lashed out my whip. "I'll leave it to the professionals."

Hellu. Im not done yet. Next chapter will continue on with this, so stay tuned. (I felt like a tv how host saying that. lol.) Another picture of SnapDragon, but with Chat?!?! Ooooooohhhhh.

Btw, whatever color your eyes are, they change to yellow and look like a cats eye. Yeah, I know Cat.

Chat says Hi everyone!

Author Out.