Chapter One : It's Good to be Home

Romeo was the first to wake up. He always was. He was up and out of his new fire print bedspread before he could even look at his clock, which was attempting to notify him it was only 5:45 in the morning. The small raven haired boy bounded into his parents room and up onto the bed in a blur of excitement.

Romeo's parents were not morning people and so it always fell to the young boy to wake them, no matter how ridiculously early. It was like the boy had a alarm clock in his head that woke him up at these times before proceeding to pump him full of a insane amount of energy. His mom used to be like that but in recent years his parents decided they liked long, lasting morning snuggles and would be quite resilient to get up without encouragement. This is why Romeo was currently jumping around on the bed singing 'set fire to the rain' at the top his lungs.

His parents didn't seem to be making any move to get up, other then a few groans from his dad, yet it was when the thirteen year old reached the chorus that his mom sat up in a flash and burst into song

"I SET FIIIRE, TO THE RAIN!" The mother son couple sung in unison, the pinkette reaching over and smooshing his husbands cheeks with his hands "WATCHED IT BURN AS I, TOUCHED YOUR FAACE-"

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'M UP!!" The raven haired adult groaned, swatting the other man's hands away. "Geeez, you don't have to do that every morning Romeo." The boy's farther complains, sitting up yet ruffling his son's hair as took a seat next to him.

Romeo laughed, giving his dad a grin almost identical to his mother's
"Yeah I do! You two won't do anything all day if I don't and you know it!"

The farther looked over to the mother, who simply shrugged with his ever iconic grin and pulled his boy out of bed, beginning a 'pj war'
"Come on little man! You can fight better then that!" The pink haired man teased his son before looking back at his husband expectantly "come on Gray! Whoever loses cooks breakfast and you know not joining in is a-"

"Automatic disqualification, I know" Gray finished as he rolled out of bed, a smirk sliding onto his face. "Hey Romi, if you help me beat your mom I'll take you to the cafe after school." This sparked mischief within the boy and it didn't take long for both the ravenettes to take down Natsu. How, you may ask? Tickling. The man was way too ticklish for his own good.

After the 'pj war' Romeo bounded off to get dressed, leaving his sulking mother to change and make breakfast and his smug farther to get dressed and set up for work.

Gray was a artist and a sculptor. He learnt his skills almost naturally from how he got easily board, paid close attention to detail and was quite creative. With his magic, ice make magic, the ravenette was given a wider range of possibility and options to create different and interesting things. He never thought his magic would give him such a promising career yet he had much success with his work, promising his retirement to be a luxurious one.

Natsu, on the other hand, had made a career in teaching physical education as he was good with kids of almost all ages, had mastered almost every sport in school and found it to be a sort of passion for him. It was a decision that had unfortunately lead him and his family away from magnolia for many years just so he could study and get his first teaching job. It wasn't easy for neither him of Gray living away from the town they had called home for so long but they still managed to raise Romeo happily. His profession had now landed him a new job. Back at his old high school. Back in the town of Magnolia.

Natsu smiled as he looked out the kitchen window at the streets he once played on, reminiscing about of his adventure of a life. With a flip of a pancake he gave a happy sigh.

"It's good to be home."

(A/N: this is kind if short as it's to start the story and introduce the Fullbuster family. More chapters as well as longer chapters will be coming soon.)