Chapter Three : Where Did You Go?

It seemed almost like a stand off. Gray and Natsu standing with their son at their side, gaping in confusion and surprise, their object of disbelief standing only a few metres away with his own child.

Freed's expression seemed to flow from shock to dread instantly. He looked like a school kid who's awful secret had been spread around and he was destined for a terrible school life for the rest of his days.

"Mom?" Romeo was the first to break the silence that had settled upon them all. "Do you know Wendy's Mom?" Natsu nodded in response, not trusting his mouth to stay clean around the children in their current situation. His husband was quick to catch on and hurriedly propose they talk somewhere else

"I have promised to take Romeo to the Cafe after school. Why don't you and your kid come with us, I bet they'd like it"

Both children's faces lit up, Wendy's distress long forgotten and turned to their mother figures in unison.

"Can we mom?!"
"Can we mama?!"

Both men sighed and nodded their heads
"Fine." The children cheered joyfully. The parents were just glad they didn't know how troubling the situation was for them.

--------------------------------------

At the Strawberry Shortcake Cafe the family's sat in silence. Well the parents did. Romeo and Wendy were talking excitedly about the latest Steven Universe episode and drawing on napkins.

Freed cleared his throat to break the uneasy silence between the adults.
"I suppose you have many questions. Well, ask and I will answer. I'm not going to be able to hide anything now you've found out about Wendy so-"

"Why does she call you 'Mama'?" The pinkette at the table cut in. He didn't want useless excuses or information, he wanted answers. Gray nodded in agreement.

Freed had been in their posy of friends their teacher had so lovingly named 'Fairy Tail'. None had expected him to disappear into thin air. His closest friends said the only explanation they ever got was 'I'm moving' and their leader, Laxus, had only got an apology text. Laxus never smiled, never communicated after that and they all seemed to drift apart into their own little groups. Of corse it was only Natsu and Gray who knew this.

With a raised eyebrow Freed gave a simple reply.
"You of all people should know that, Natsu." The Couple stared in disbelief once again. It wasn't hard to figure out. Freed was the girl's biological Mother. But there was only one way that was possible.

"Who was it?"
"Is that why you left so long ago? To have her?"
"Who else knows?
"Where did you go?
"Who's the farther?!"

Pale hands waved in a signal for them to stop with the questions. This was harder then Freed imaged it. Then again, this is Natsu and Gray he was trying to reason with.
"Alright! This ask and answer thing doesn't seem to be working as well as I
hoped. So, instead of endless, confusing questions all at once I am going to start from the beginning."

----flaaaaashbaaaaaaaaack~----

"BIXLOOOWW!!" The grenette fumed, soaking head to toe in ice cold water. It was bad enough that his red wool cardigan was now drenched and probably going to shrivel, it was even worse that the whole of the Fairy Tail group had seen it and was now laughing their asses off at him. His assaulter was far from sorry. Bixlow was known to be the prankster of their group and loved to get under his best friends skin.

"Ice Bucket Challenge!" he cheered, holding the bucket above his head and sticking his tongue out. It was then when Freed noticed Evergreen recording it with her phone. He often questioned why he was best friends with these two.