Chapter Five : Who Are You?

A/N:Shout outs to anyone who spots any references
Thank you to everyone who as read, voted, commented and added this story to their reading lists. It means allot to me.

Weekend. Normally a day where you go out and have fun with your friends, even if it was only to a different building. However the weather seemed to have other ideas and decided to pour & shake the sky with thunder and lightning and take out their power by short circuiting all the lacrimas around town and taking out power cables everywhere.

Thankfully for him and his daughter Freed, he had set up light runes around the house so as soon as their lacrima fizzled out their house was re-lit with a warm orange glow.

It had been a week or so since his breakdown at the cafe and he had recovered almost completely, having talked to Gray and Natsu, then Bixlow about what happened as well as passing on contact information so all the people he'd talked to could get in touch. He hadn't got chance to say anything to his friends at work yet as he was too busy during it and he hadn't had time to go over to their departments. Because of this storm everyone had been sent a message to stay at home so he could possibly call them later if the phone cables weren't knocked out or anything of the sort.

Freed sat in his usual free time position; on the sofa, with a book, leant back and with a cup of tea. If someone was to be so stereotypical they might say he looked like a classic Brit, an observation that would have been rather humous since he was a full blooded American.

The greenett's position was perfect to glance up the stairs to the closed doors of his daughters room which allowed him to be the cautious mother he is. Wendy was smart and a teen but she was an adorable cluts and still often tripped over things. Observing the room also gave him a great opportunity to see when she rushed out of it with one of her many creations in hand and for him to ajust himself for the suprise. This time it was a peice of paper. Well from what Freed could see it was. He assumed it must be a drawing or something on he other side so he kept his eyes down and waited for her to approach and tap on his shoulder.

"Mama? I think I've improved my drawing of faces! I drew our family! Would you like to see?!" She seemed rather excited to show off her creation even though she could be seen shaking with what may be nerves.

Freed placed down his book and smiled at her.
"Of course sweetie! You know I always love seeing what you've done!" He carefully reached out nimble hand to take the drawing but didn't get a chance to receive the drawing as the doorbell rang.

Wendy retreated away as she knew that if she gave the gift now her mother would completely ignore the door. Said mother let out a sigh, stood, straightened out his shirt and moved over to open the door.

Upon opening it he came face to face with a massive, well built chest clothed in a black shirt and a smell that made him terrified as he lifted his head. They had a brief look of suprise on their face that quickly turned into a bright smile and glimmering relif.

"Freed!! Long time no see!!"

SLAM

"...Wendy...please go upstairs..." Freed croaked, shaking as he leant his full body against the slammed shut door and gave her a shaky smile. "Mama may...be a while..."

The small girl gave a little head tilt in confusion and dared to open her mouth to ask who it was before she quickly closed it and complied to the request with a small 'okay'. She was a well behaved child, it was expected from the child of a well sophisticated man such as Freed.

Once the child was in her room the grenette took one deep, shaky breath to calm himself before grabbing his old sword of the wall and turning to face the door that kept the two apart. This was going to go badly. It was going to go terribly! He should just ask them to leave but the problem is weather they would or not. Knowing them they probably wouldn't leave the property without confrontation. Maybe he should just get it over with.