Chapter Two : New Friends, Old Friends

A/N : I'm absolutely DESTROYING my mobile data fur this but you guys deserve it. All you thirty something readers that were so nice while I was away.

Comments are appreciated.

Romeo's school day whizzed by. Even though he was new the other kids were really nice. That day he had; made friends with a girl called Wendy, learned about different kinds of magic, learned about the history of magic and got to use their own in physical education. He got to see his mom in that lesson so he was more then pleased. The raven haired boy strolled through his day with smiles and found it was time to go home before he could say 'I'm all fired up now'.

Once school ended there were three different kinds of kids. Kids that walked home, kids that took the bus and kids that got picked up outside the school gates. As Romeo was one of the kids in the last category he situated himself against a tree while he waited for his mom to come out of the school and his dad to bring the car to pick them up. That had been their system at other schools in the past, it never had to change. The teen would normally play around on his phone as he waited yet quickly became distracted from his usual device of interest as his new, bluenette friend came into view, looking worried and even close to tears.

"What's up Wendy?" He pushed himself up from a place and wandered over to his newest friend. She spun round as she heard her name being called, looking a little disappointed yet relived as she saw it was Romeo

"Hey Romeo...I'm just a little worried is all. I'll be fine, don't mind me!" She stood straight a little more, straightening out her green dress as she did so.

Romeo could see right through her and his mood snapped from curious to serious. It was something he had inherited from his father. Gray usually did it when Natsu was stressed, upset or sick.

"You're worried about something Wendy, I can see it. You don't have to hide it from me. We're friends, right?" The ravenette took the girl's hands and held them. He held them comfortingly. Like a friend would.

The girls face crumpled in record time and she launched herself forward to pull her new friend into a hug. The teen wasn't expecting it, nor expecting her to break so quickly, yet he still returned the embrace. Wendy definitely seemed to need it as she began to flood the area with tears a few seconds later.

"I'm sorry!" He broke her words through her sobs before Romeo could give her any comforting ones "I shouldn't cry but-my M-Mama has been so busy lately that Mama couldn't pick me up all last week! Mama promised that we'd walk home today but I-I'm so scared Mama won't come and will be too busy again!"

By now the two were some of the only ones waiting for family. Romeo attempted to keep up his calm, serious exterior but it was hard when he was crumbling and worried inside. Thankfully his mom chose a great moment to rush out of school.

"Sorry I'm a little late Romi-" the pinkette stopped abruptly as she took in the situation. Natsu was a teacher and a mother. Of course he immediately jumped into help "oh hey, Wendy was it?" He crouched down so Wendy could see his face as he lifted her head at the new voice "what's the matter? You looked so cheery earlier!" He offered her his comforting smile as he spoke, hoping it will brighten her own mood.

It seemed to work at least a little when Wendy wiped her eyes and released Romeo from the almost endless hug.
"Sorry Mr Fullbuster" the bluenette sniffled "I-I'm just worried my Mama will be too busy to pick me up, that's what happened last week. Mama promised we'd walk today but-b-but-" the girl was quickly reduced back to tears as she explained, much to the distress of the mother and son.

Natsu had begun to rub the girl's back once more when Gray pulled up and hopped out, including himself in the distressing scene.
"Hey, what's going on here?" He was calm as always though his family could pick out the concern underlying in his tone. "Do I need to speak to speak to someone's parent?"

Wendy's head snapped up like lightning
"No! Mama is always really busy and it's not Mama's fault!!" The ice make Mage held up his hands defensively, noting his mistake

"Sorry kid, I didn't mean to upset you more." He made his way over to the group and patted her head "I'm sure your mom is great. You have to understand that when your mom is busy with work or something like that it's for your benefit. Us grown ups gotta keep the money rolling in y'know?" He gave the girl one last pat and looked down at her expression. She seemed to be processing the information slowly, the computer of her brain adding it to he already acquired documents. The process, however, seemed to be cut short as a voice called out her name a little further way from the gate.

"Wendy!!"

With actions in unison the mother and farther turned and stared, Natsu's jaw dropping while his husbands mouth seemed to form a O. The long green hair and strange cowlicks practically unmistakeable. The style had hardly changed in fourteen years.

The man had not noticed the pair, only the small girl. He was simply stood with a laptop bag in one hand and the other in the air to wave to her.

"FREED?!"

The greeenette froze as his eyes finally landed on the shocked couple. A equally socked expression slipped into his face and his waving arm was stuck dumbly in the air
"Gray? Natsu?"

"Mama!!" The bluenette sped out of the group and almost tackled the gentleman in a tight hug.

"MOM?!"

A/N : Hella long chapter next, don't worry. I hope you like flashbacks!