Chapter Four : What Did You Do

A/N: y'all made me feel bad when this got over 100 reads so for the probably 20+ people who have this in their libraries this is for you.

"Ha! I remember that day!" Natsu cheered, not noticing his husband shivering as he remembered the fight with Sting. He won, of corse, but it didn't stop it from being excruciatingly disturbing and painful.

Freed sighed and looked over at his daughter as she drew on a napkin. She was drawing Freed getting water poured over his head by Bixlow, giggling once she was done.
"Look!" She held up the picture for him to see "Uncle Bixlow didn't have his babies back then did he?"

Freed shook his head in reply
"No dear, he didn't." He had stayed in contact with his friend after the incident. He had to. He was the only one who knew when it happened.

The small bluenette clambered onto her mothers lap and leant back, settling herself in her usual position. She was listening surprisingly intently as Freed had never told her the story that lead to the incident or even what the incident was. All she knew was her mother spent the last months of high school at home. After that she was born.

Gray leant on the table, his hand resting on his chin as he thought. Silently. Once he'd put the dots together he sat straight.
"Freed....wasn't that-"

"The last day Freed was seen by a member of Fairy Tail? Yes it was." A new voice at the table spoke "I expected better of you Gray, though you did have to be told by Sting that your own mate was pregnant that day"

All three grown men shivered at the sight of one of the strongest women they knew. They hadn't even noticed the woman pull up a chair and sit at the table with a smug smile. Not even the pink frilly apron she wore had any effect in her visibility to them.

"ERZA?!" The Fullbuster couple exclaimed in unison. Freed was the most surprised as he often brought Wendy here and had never seen the red headed Mage working here in his life. "What are you doing here?!" Natsu managed to ask before the Rune Mage could.

Erza rolled her visible eye and pointed at the name on her apron
"Shortcake Café. I work here Natsu. Well, I actually own it" the men's jaws dropped "the better question is, what are you doing here? I thought you two left to work and raise your child"

"W-we did" Gray stuttered as he remembered all those times Erza would bash both his and Natsu's heads in at school "Natsu got a job back at MH...and this is o-our boy.." He placed a hand on Romeo's head, snapping out of his thoughts.

Erza watched the boy expectantly for a few seconds before he revealed a grin identical to Natsu's
"Hi Aunt Erza! I'm Romeo!"

Erza's heart leapt in her cheast. Aunt Erza! She had always wanted to be a Aunt! Or a Mother. Aunt is less painful though. The great Titania soon melted into a great cooing puddle.

Natsu had ceased freaking out enough to raise a questioning eyebrow at the requip Mage. She didn't even freak out that much over cake! Though she was in a good mood so he decided to keep a conversation going, as if they hadn't not seen each other for twelve odd years.
"So, Erza! How much of Freed's story did you hear?" He questioned and sipped his coffee, careful not to spill it on the pink t-shirt and red track suit he wore for teaching.

Erza managed to pull herself together and clear her throat, an embarrassed pink tinge just visible on her cheeks.
"Oh, the story? Just the part in Freed's lesson. I noticed Freed was gone for the rest of that day and Laxus was frantically looking for him all day and was very grumpy. Not even Mira could cheer him up. Though, now it doesn't seem too surprising that Mira couldn't do much"