Chapter 5

I nodded to Vics false statement and smiled.

"I just realized I didn't go to the mall yet. You should come along with me." I ask him with a friendly, hopefully smile.

"Yeah! Of course," he exclaimed. "Let me just feed the dogs first and we can get going."

I nodded and followed him back into the house along with the pups.

After we fed the dogs and got them settled. We found ourselves walking down the stairs to the drive through. Vic locked the door and before I could open the door, Vic ran over and opened it for me.

"Thank you." I told him, getting in the car, my cheeks getting slightly pink.

"You're welcome, my lady." He jokily told me with a wink and closed the door. I laughed.

He got in on his side and looked at me smiling and starting the car.

It only took us about 6 minutes to get to the mall and when we finally did, big did I wish we hadn't. We got out of the car and walked side by side, talking and laughing on our way into the mall.

"Okay what store do you want to shop in first?" He asked looking at me.

I shrugged, "You pick, I haven't been to a mall in forever."

He gave me a weird look before nodding and grabbing my wrist and dragging me to a store. "I have the perfect stores for you."

The first store he dragged me into was Calvin Klein. He dragged a basket and started throwing everything in it.

"Calm down there, Justin Bieber." The words rolling off my tongue along with a chuckle.

"I've just been compared to a legend." He said before putting his hands up in the air like he was about to say a prayer.

I laughed and shoved him playfully. He grinned at me and kept moving the basket throwing more things in. Once we were done, we went up to pay. All of that was $250 and Vic still decided to pay for it even though I had the money that he gave me.

"Vic! I still have the money you gave me, dingus," I called him jokily.

"Keep it for something else. I'm paying with my money today." He told me winking again before dragging all of the bags that had the clothes he bought me in. There was a total of 7 bags from that one store only.

~

"Viiiic, I'm hungry, my feet are hurting, and I have 13 bags in my hands from all different stores. Can we go get something to eat and sit down for a minute?" I begged. We've been here for around 4 hours now and I'm exhausted. We've been to 21 stores so far and we had a few bags from at least 10 of those stores. I wish I was exaggerating.

"Same here, dude. What do you say we go get something to eat and call it a day?" He looked the same as me.

I nodded gracefully as we proceeded to walk to the food court. I don't know what to expect there but I definitely was not expecting to see what I see now.

My parents were here with both my sister and brother. My eyes widened at the site and I just wanted to hide.

"Vic? Can we go get something out of the mall? Like Panda Express?" I asked just desperately wanting to leave before one of my siblings see me.

"Yeah sure, what are you in the mood for?" He questioned me before walking towards one of the exits. My breathe hitched as I saw we had to go through the food court to get to the exit closest to us. I took a deep breathe. I can do this.

"I'm in the mood for anything, what about you?" I asked him trying to stay calm down while also trying to hide.

"Hmm, kinda in the mood for sonic." He told me with a thinking look on his face. I smiled at the look. It was so precious.

"That's fine with me," We had pasted my parents and siblings and were almost out of the food court. Almost.

"Kelwin! Kelwin is that you?" I suddenly heard faintly. She was somewhat close to me but not close enough for Vic to hear or even know the name.

I walked faster tears start to prickle in my eyes. We finally made it outside and back to the car putting all of our bags in the back trunk. I quietly hopped into the front seat and looked out of the window to see my sister looking around for me. My eyes widened when I saw her talking to strangers.

"Vic stay here, I think that little girl is lost. I'm gonna go try to help her find her parents. If she sees both of us coming towards her she might freak out and run away so sit tight, I'll be back." I told him quickly before exiting the car, practically running over to her.

When she saw me her eyes lid up. "Kelwin!" She yelled before running over to hug me. I got down on my knees and caught her in my arms twirling her around. Tears were started to roll down my cheek. I missed her so much

"I knew it kelwin! I knew I saw you! I wuv you kelwin, why did you weave me?" She told me with a pout. She was only 4 years old and she had dyslexia so she couldn't really pronounce words correctly like other 4 year olds could.

"I'm sorry for leaving you, babygirl. I just had to get away for a minute, but I'll be back as soon as I can okay?" I asked her with a smile on my face.

"Wait where's mom and dad? Did they let you run out of here alone?!" I asked her furious at them.

"Twey took little bwother to the bafroom but i saw you! So I ran!" She replied before hugging me around my neck again.

I signed, "Babe you can't do that. There's a lot of bad people out here that could've hurt you. Okay? It's not safe for you to be out here by yourself. Now, I'm gonna walk you back into the mall food court, but I'm not gonna walk you back to mom and dad okay? I can't let them see me and you can't tell them you saw me here okay, baby?"

"Like a secret?" Her eyes lighting up again she loved keeping secrets with me. I giggled.

"Yes like a secret. Now let's go, okay? I love you so so much princess." I told her hugging her tightly, tears falling again. I had no idea when, or even if, I would see her again.

"Kelwin don't cwy! I wuv you." She said frowning after pulling away and started to wipe my tears

I smiled and chuckled, "Only for you."

She giggled.

"Okay now, let's go." I told her picking her up and setting her in my hips. I was not going to let anyone touch her.

____________

"Who was she?" Vic asked me with a curious look when I got back into the car.

I looked at him confused. "What?"

"I saw you hugging her, Jordan. I'm not mad, I just want to know who she was." He said shrugging before looking at me, waiting for me to answer.

Fuc.k, fuc.k kellin think. Shi.t, "She's my brothers daughter."

"You have an older brother?" He asked before starting up the car and pulling out of the parking lot.

"Yup." Lie. "He's turning 22 soon." He's 2.

"Nice." He replied with a smile. "To sonic we goooo."

"To sonic we go."