eighteen.

Silence overtook the two as the three words they both spoke sunk into both of their minds.

"I love you."

They didn't speak, no they didn't dare to as the air seemed to become heavier around them. So many thoughts swirling in each of their minds that they wished they could speak if their mouths didn't fail them. If their lips weren't afraid to utter words to each other in order to cut through the quietness they were surrounded in.

"I-I just wanted you to know." Jimin mumbled, aware that although they shared the same feelings they could never develop a relationship more than the one they were currently in.

Jimin wasn't even technically living anymore. It would be weird.

Jimin would have to leave anyway. Progressing their relationship further would only hurt the both of them.

"Y-Yeah." Jungkook spoke shakily, voice soft. "Me too."

Their feelings were both out there now. What could they do?

"I wish you were alive Jimin." Jungkook sighed. "This would make things so much easier. We would've met anyway if I hadn't had killed you, Taehyung wanted to introduce us."

The spirit looked down at his feet, rocking back and forth as he tried to organize his thoughts. "I just want to turn back time. I fucked up really bad."

"I shouldn't love you Jungkook." Jimin huffed. "If it were any other spirit they would be hating your guts right now, but I just want to hug you so tight and never let go. It doesn't make sense."

"You were given the gift to see the good in every single person Jimin." The younger smiled. "Even if it's some murderer like me. You took the time to listen to me, to understand what I've been through, and didn't just label me as some insane serial killer. If you were wondering what made me fall for you, I just said it."

Jimin shook his head and rubbed his face before looking back at the raven haired boy in front of him.

"It'll never work."

"I know." Jungkook nodded. "You're a spirit, I'm alive. You need me to turn myself in anyways. We weren't meant to be Jiminie-Hyung." He sighed, Jimin frowning at his words.

"We obviously were." He spoke. "What are the chances that I walk into the coffee shop you work at while you're working, and you just so happen to feel the need to bring me a drink." Jungkook shrugged. "I usually don't believe in fate but that has to mean something."

Jungkook stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist, the spirit sighing and resting his head on the younger's shoulder,

"You know that I love you, I know that you love me. It's fine like that. We don't need to escalate this any, we're fine where we are."

--

"Tae, how've you been?"

Jungkook placed a small vanilla latte onto the table Jimin sat at, Taehyung thinking it was an adorable gesture and Jimin leaning down to take a sip of the drink without picking up the cup.

He wasn't sure if it would look like a floating mug when he picked it up and decided that it was better to be safe than sorry.

Because Jungkook made it, he was able to drink it and that made him happy. Vanilla lattes were his favourite drink and he always expressed that to both Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Do you always leave a drink at Jimin's table because if so that's the sweetest thing ever." Taehyung cooed laying his hand on top of Jungkook's and tapping his fingers across the skin as they sat one table behind Jimin's.

No one really sat at Jimin's table anymore. The choreographer came into the shop every single day before work and on his break, everyone knew him, and everyone knew where he always sat.

They left the table empty "Just in case his spirit wants to visit" as Seokjin said.

If only they knew.

"It's been nearly half a year since he died now." Taehyung mumbled, Jungkook watching his fingers as they continued to tap across the back of his hand.

"That's right." Jungkook nodded. "It'll be six months this Tuesday."

Jimin's eyes widened as he took another careful sip of his drink, catching Jungkook's gaze and wiping some of the foam off of his face.

It had already been nearly six months since he died?

That's right! He thought, My group was set for their comeback in six months right before I died.

Time flew a lot faster than he though it would. In all honesty, Jimin believed that being a spirit would be nothing but misery and sadness for him, waiting desperately for his killer to be found.

But in reality? Yes he experienced some sadness and maybe it hadn't been the smoothest ride so far, but Jungkook made him happier. He made him forget that he was even a spirit at sometimes, his infectious laugh and intoxicating hugs making Jimin feel more alive than ever.

He hadn't visited his family in awhile, which he felt bad about, but on the other hand he knew that seeing them would only weigh him down with emotions he didn't want to have. He can't talk to them like he wishes to, he can't hug his brother and tell him that Hyung is okay like he wants to so desperately.

Jimin wants to tell everyone that he's okay, and he wishes that he was alive so that he could introduce Jungkook to his family.

He wishes that somehow he'll be able to get his message across that he's still here to his loved ones, let them know that he's not completely gone. Emotions that he hadn't felt since the night he became a spirit broke through the walls he built up in his mind like water breaking through a floodgate.

He missed his family.

He missed his job.

He missed his friends.

He missed everything.

Even if he was alive he still could've met Jungkook, so he couldn't help but sigh as he stared down a the drink in front of him, a pain in his chest that wouldn't go away as the thoughts became more persistent.

He just wanted one of Jungkook's comforting hugs.

And so he stood up and walked over to where Jungkook was sitting, wrapping his arms around him from behind and resting his head on the younger's shoulder.

He felt Jungkook tense up, and he sighed. It the ideal situation Jungkook could hug him back.

But of course that couldn't happen.