twenty-two. - final -

It was finally happening.

Jimin's features were becoming less and less opaque as he walked through the thick wall of the court room, turning around and frowning as he watched the person he loved walk in.

He thought he'd be okay, but he couldn't help but wipe tears from his eyes as he spotted the handcuffs that adorned Jungkook's wrists, two police officers holding a strong grip on both of his arms.

The first section of the trial began a week ago, so you'd think Jimin would be used to this by now. He's not, however.

Jungkook hadn't just confessed to Jimin's murder, but also to four other people's.

Yoon Jeonghan

Im Jaebum

Kim Mingyu

Park Chanyeol

All very young, two of which Jimin had the pleasure of meeting. He had no idea that Jungkook was the reason for Mingyu being a spirit, and hoped the best for Wonwoo, whom Mingyu had become close with in his time as a spirit.

Jimin caught Jungkook's gaze as the younger was ushered into the courtroom, the raven haired boy smiling and sending a wink his way.

"I'll be okay." He mouthed, before having his handcuffs removed and sitting in his designated seat.

Jimin wanted this didn't he? He wanted to be free, and he didn't want to be a spirit anymore. So then why did his heart ache as his eyes rested upon the orange jumpsuit Jungkook wore in replacement of his usual white t-shirt and jeans?

"Jimin shouldn't you be happy today? If all goes well you're going to be set free."

Jimin sighed, nodding as he played with Yoongi's hair.

"I'm just going to miss all of you guys I guess, I also kind of feel bad for Wonwoo." He responded, the older spirit humming in response.

"Try not to miss me too much, and because Mingyu's leaving?" Jimin nodded. "He'll be okay, I'll make sure of it. Don't even worry."

"I don't know.. Him and Mingyu were like this:" Jimin crossed his fingers and showed Yoongi.

"I know but, it's basically a known fact that if you become friends with another spirit they might move on eventually, and when they do you shouldn't take it as much of a surprise." Yoongi replied, "Wonwoo will be upset for a little bit, but I know deep down he's happy for Mingyu. He'll be okay."

Jimin smiled.

"Weren't you the one getting all mushy and crying into my shoulder the other day because you'll miss me?" He teased, the blonde haired spirit scoffing and hitting Jimin's arm playfully.

"Just because I knew you'd leave eventually doesn't mean I won't miss you when you actually do - dumbass."

"All rise."

Jimin snapped out of the thoughts of his and Yoongi's conversation earlier this morning. Although the blonde haired spirit was kind of a pain sometimes, Jimin would be lying if he said that he wasn't going to miss him a little bit. (That's a lie, he's actually going to miss him a lot).

He hoped that someday Yoongi's killer will be arrested as well, twenty years as a spirit couldn't have been fun, so he hopes that he won't endure it too much longer.

As of today, Jimin had been a spirit for just over nine months, Jungkook having had confessed to his crimes three months ago.

He hadn't even been a spirit for a year, he couldn't imagine having to be one for twenty.