missing puzzle pieces. [FAQ]

hey everyone :) I've noticed recently that quite a few of the comments I get are questions about details of the 'spirit world' au going on in puzzle.

so, I decided that instead of answering all of the questions individually, or leaving some questions unanswered I'd answer all of the most frequently asked questions here.

- Is Jungkook's mom a spirit too?

Yes. In this au, any life that was ended unjustly/before it was meant to will become a spirit.

- Jungkook killed his mom? Why isn't her ghost haunting him?

The same reason that Yoongi isn't haunting his killer. She never found him. Jungkook fled his hometown after the incident with his mom, therefore she would probably not have any idea where he was.

- is their killer being arrested the only way for a spirit to be set free?

Short answer: yes. Being arrested is the killer being given what they deserve, taking an innocent life is wrong however you look at it and the killer has to face the consequences in order for the spirit to be set free.

- why didn't Jimin use Jungkook to communicate with his loved ones?

They were still grieving, and he didn't think it would benefit them in their attempt to move on. However, it would've been possible to do so.

- (when words like 'gasped', 'sighed', or 'exhaled' were used) I thought Jimin didn't breathe anymore?

Just because he doesn't, doesn't mean he can't. Breathing isn't something that is essential for Jimin to survive anymore, however his human instincts to gasp or sigh in troubling situations don't disappear. Breathing for him now, is useless in any other situation because it doesn't benefit him anymore.

- how the hell did Jimin forgive Jungkook so quickly? Jungkook killed him.

Jimin is the type of person who sees the best in every person he meets. Although Jungkook is his murderer, after learning his backstory and the reason behind it, it was harder to hold a grudge. Jungkook was clearly not mentally stable in this book, and Jimin knew that well.

- What would actually happen if a spirit killed their killer?

It's really not a smart move on the spirit's part, because this would most likely keep them as a spirit forever. Their killer didn't face the consequences that they were meant to, therefore the spirit's soul couldn't be brought to justice. As well as that, their killer is now dead so there isn't any possible way for them to be punished for their actions.

- Who's Yoongi's killer? Is it Hoseok? + Was Yoongi's love before he died Hoseok?

If I wanted to be specific I would've been ;)
The reason I kept Yoongi's backstory pretty vague was because: 1. Despite him being an important character, he was still just a supporting character after all and I wanted to keep the story focused on what Jimin and Jungkook were going through. 2. I wanted it to be open for you guys to decide. If you want to believe that it was Hoseok, I won't tell you that you're wrong.

- I guess that forgiving Jungkook was reasonable, but how do you just fall in love with someone who killed you?

The heart wants what it wants.

--

okay. I'm pretty sure that was all of the questions I've seen? If you have any others comment them here and I'll answer them.

This is officially the last time you'll ever see this book be updated lmao. but you can bet that I've got a new jikook coming out in the first week of february that's just as angsty as this one :)

- Charlie :)