Chapter 1

Kris POV

"Come on, Kris! We got a flight to catch in an hour! We can't miss this flight!" I heard my dad holler from downstairs.

Sighing, I packed the rest of my stuff before looking around my room once more. My dad had gotten a job offer in California, so we had to move. I honestly felt happy for my dad, really, but I didn't know what California was gonna be like. There could be.. I shivered at the word.. bullies.

I was gay and still in the closet. Only my dad knew about it, and fortunately he happily accepted me. I stayed in the closet for all of my school years. Never once was I bullied because I was gay. Sure I was bullied a couple times for some random stuff, but no one knew I was gay. And I wanted to keep it that way.

Trudging down the stairs, I saw my dad sitting at the dinner table, a coffee mug in his hands. Apparently he had already put all his luggage in the car and was set to go. Me on the other hand, I had barely finished packing my stuff.

"Whatcha standing there for son?" my dad questioned. "Go put your things in the car, I'll be out in a minute."

Walking to the car, I quickly threw my luggage in the trunk before heading to the passenger's seat.

...

I didn't know wether to feel excited or nervous. I wasn't sure if I was gonna like the new house or if I was gonna be homesick. My dad was very understanding about it, telling me everything was gonna be fine and that he would always be there to support me.

With my dad around to comfort me, I felt at ease, soon falling asleep.

I woke up to the sound of my dad calling me and saying something about being here.

Groggily, I sat up rubbing my eyes to get the sleepiness out of them before getting out of the car to help my dad with the luggage and headed up to what was suppose to be my new room.

It was a nice room, bigger than my old one, with one bed, a bathroom connecting to the room, a closet, a table, and a nightstand by the bed.

After taking a long look at my room I started to unpack not even realizing I had been unpacking nonstop for hours until my dad called me down for dinner.

Jogging down the stairs I sat at the table waiting hungrily for my food. Soon enough a delicious plate of spaghetti and meatballs was placed in front of me.

"How you liking the new house Kris?" my dad asked, raising his eyebrow.

"It's nice dad. I quite like it actually," I replied giving him a reassuring smile. I saw him sigh in relief as if a huge weight had just been lifted of his shoulders.

"Thank you, Kris."

I just nodded in response and continued to eat my food.

"I called the school and filled out all the papers today, so you don't have to worry about registration. They said your starting school on Monday," my dad said nonchalantly.

"What? Daaad" I whined, stretching out the word dad. "But tomorrow is Monday." I can't believe he was gonna make me go to school tomorrow! To say I was tired would be an understatement. I was exhausted! I didn't want to go to school tomorrow. And I was more than nervous about it.