Chapter 2

Kris's POV

"Kris get up! You're gonna be late if you don't get up right now!" my dad hollered from downstairs.

How great. Today I get to go to school. I sure can't wait for school. Please note my sarcasm here.

I got up from bed practically dragging my lazy ass to the bathroom. Hopping in the shower I turned the water on, letting it run down my back.

Picking out a random T-shirt and black jeans, I put them on and ran my hand through my hair, hoping it looks semidecent because we all know those pantene commercials where the model's hair is perfect doesn't happen in real life.

"Son! Can you walk to school today? I got to go to the interview right now," my dad asked from downstairs.

"Sure dad, go ahead."

Grabbing my backpack, I ran down the stairs and out the front door.

Ah. The time has finally come. There was no turning back now. Time to go to hell. (no one come for me if this sentence offends you in some way. sorry in advance.)

The school wasn't very far and after being lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize I was standing at the front door until I heard chattering from the inside.

My dad had already gotten my schedule for me, so all I had to do now was find my locker and get through the day. Yep, great plan, no problem.

I looked down at my schedule to see which locker was mine, not noticing where I was going until I crashed into a wall. Wow. Well that just makes me seem like a complete retard. Crashing into a wall on my first day. Way to go. One point for the wall. Zero for Kris.

"Watch where you're going fag!" someone said as I got shoved to the ground.

Since when do walls talk? Or shove people? Oh that's right they don't.

I glanced up to see a guy glaring at me harshly. He had a gorgeous body, with a ever so sexy 6 pack, and a perfect tan. I could easily tell since he was wearing a white thin T-shirt that clung to all the right places. His face though... He was like a model. He had high cheekbones, beautiful brown chocolate eyes, and such kissable lips. Kissable lips?! I did not just think he had kissable lips. No no no. Don't think unholy thoughts even when you're already in hell. And yes i'm referring to school. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts I stood up, glaring at him.

"Hey! Do your job and continue being the wall I bumped into! As in don't talk and shove people!" I snapped brushing myself off. Wow. I didn't know where that sudden burst of confidence came from.

"What did you just say to me, fag?" The guy hissed. Alright then... definitely didn't think that one through.

"Uh.. N-nothing... I-I'm sorry," I stuttered, slowly backing away in an attempt to escape. Total failure. He grabbed me by my shirt, slamming me into the locker. Wow. I'm not even 60 yet and I'm already gonna suffer from back pain. Perfect evidence of life wanting to shorten my life span.

"Beat the fag up!" Someone encouraged from the crowd that was starting to form around us. Yeah, this is a great way to cause attention to yourself. Very unwanted attention. Don't try this at home kids.

"The fag's new. Wouldn't want him to show up to class all broken and bruised now. Would we?" The guy sneered, pushing me to the ground once more before walking away, giving me a perfect view of his, nice ass...

Right then the bell rang, signaling it was time to start first period. I got up shakily and grabbed my things. I have to remind myself to keep as much distance between me and that guy as humanly possible which probably means like 13 feet because we go to the same school.

As I walked into the classroom all eyes turned to me.

"Oh look, the fag's here," I heard someone say sarcastically as everyone else burst into laughter. I glanced around the find who the voice belonged to, my eyes landing on one person.

The guy that nearly beat me up just minutes ago.

How wonderful. Just when I thought life couldn't get any crueler, I end up in the same class as him. Forget 13 feet away, now I can only stay like 5 feet away.

"I'm guessing your Kris Anderson?" the teacher spoke. I nodded, my face still flushed from embarassment.

"Well I'm Mrs. Marin, please take the seat," Mrs. Marin instructed.

I quickly walked to the back of the room and took a seat as Mrs. Marin took attendence.

"Alright class. As you know, every year we always have a project that will last all year long. This year I have come up with a great idea for the project. This year you will be paired up with someone in this class. Someone you don't know well. Someone you don't usually talk to. Basically someone you aren't friends with. This project will be graded based on how well you work together to finish the assignments I give you. Your overall grade will be based on how well you did with becoming friends with the other person," Mrs. Marin explained.

I heard the class groan out in response as I smiled slyly. Perfect. Now all I have to do is sit and wait for my new friend to be announced. Saves me a hell lot of trouble from trying to make friends.

"Alright, I have paired you up with someone you most likely didn't know."

Even better, I have no friends! This is the only time I will proudly say that. Yes, laugh at me all you want. I probably sound like a loser whose happy about having no friends. At least I wouldn't have to be afraid of who I get, because I was new. Ha! One for Kris, zero for those students! My excitement was rudely interrupted when I heard my name being called.

"Kris Anderson and..."