Chapter 7

Kris's POV

Chase had slept through nearly three quaters of the day. Apparently, he'd gotten a cold after yesterday's cliff diving experience. He'd gotten a cold because of me, since he'd given me his shirt, leaving him wet and in the cold.

The thought of him doing that for me made me smile.

In only a few months, the hatred I'd had for him at the beginning of the year slowly faded away, turning into something else that I couldn't really pinpoint what.

I sighed, watching Chase lay peacefully on my bed. How could one human being having so much beauty? He could look beautiful even when sleeping.

With his lips slightly parted, his chest rising slightly with each take of breath, and his shirt lifting a little to show part of his impressive toned body, that was enough to make me want to cuddle up against him, trace my fingers along his abs, and kiss him passio-

No stop it! I can't keep having sudden urges to do things to him!

I groaned, shaking my head letting my thoughts drift, but it wasn't long until my thoughts drifted back to Chase once again. I hated how my thoughts were about Chase. It was as if Chase was everything, he was my universe. Everything resulted back to him. What right did he have to do this to me? How could he make my mind always come back to him.

Could I possibily... like him? No.. I couldn't. He'd been harsh to me ever since my first day. But, during the past few days, he'd shown me a totally different side of him. A side, I liked. Did that mean I liked him? I don't think so... Even though he has a great side, the other side of him, the side he'd shown me on my first day was still there. Everything happening now could turn back to how it was before, and I knew that. But why was I still having urges to kiss him and do things to him? Was I just merely being naive and falling for his charm like every other girl in school? Maybe I was just too trapped into the moment.

Frustrated with myself for not coming up with a conclusion, I grabbed my phone from my nightstand, stepping out of the room. No point in wracking my brain out if I'm not gonna get anywhere. If I couldn't come up with a conclusion, surely Siri could help me.

"Do I like Chase McKane?" I whispered.

"Sorry, I'm not sure what you said," Siri replied.

"Do I like Chase McKane?" I whispered again, this time slightly louder.

"I didn't quite get that," Siri's voice rung out again.

"Do I like Chase McKane?" I whispered yet again, getting slightly irritated.

"Sorry, I missed that," Siri answered.

Stupid Siri.

"DO I LIKE CHASE FUCKING MCKANE???!!!" I shouted into the phone.

"I'm not permitted to do that for you," Siri said.

Useless Siri.

"What does it mean when you get sudden temptations to kiss someone?" I questioned into the phone.

"Let me think about it..." Finally, we're getting somewhere. "Here's what I found on the web for "What does it mean when you get sudden temptations to kiss someone?"

Multiple searches came up, all with long ass answers explaining tons of useless shit, in the end resulting in one fucking simple answer...

YOU LIKE HIM/HER.

Fuck my life.

First, my dad gets a fucking job offer. Second, I have to fucking move to fucking California. Third, I have to deal with fucking bullies like Chase Fucking McKane. Fourth, I almost die by being pushed off a cliff by the same fucking Chase McKane. Fifth, I have sudden urges to fucking kiss Chase. And sixth, now I might actually have a fucking crush on Chase Fucking McKane.