Chapter 15 -Epilogue

Kris's POV

"Class! Settle down!" Mrs. Marin demanded. "You've all done a marvelous job on this year's All Year Round Project. As you know, summer starts after today so... I have your grades!"

Cheers and whoops erupted from the class, as Mrs. Marin, tried yet again to settle us all down.

"Come on now class, I can't give your grades unless you settle down. School ends in 15 minutes and I'd really appreciate it if you all just calm yourselves now," Mrs. Marin pleaded tiredly.

The poor women. All year long she had to deal with us all being a nuisance. Now that summer was only 15 minutes away, she still didn't seem to be getting much of a break.

Hurriedly, Mrs. Marin scurried around the class, trying to hand all of us your grades.

Fortunately, both Chase and I received an A+, since we did end up as friends, and more.

I looked up at the clock as the class began chanting the countdown towards summer.

"3!!!"

"2!!!"

"1!!!"

"SUMMER!!!"

Just like out of a movie, papers, pencils, jackets, and such were thrown excitedly in the air. Whoops and cheers were heard throughout the hall. Students hugged each other as others said goodbye.

Swiftly, I gathered up my things, as I felt a pair of strong arms wrap gently around my waist.

I turned around to see Chase smiling down at me, as he leaned in to kiss me.

"Chase, not here! Mrs. Marin's still here you know," I scolded softly as a pout made its way across Chase's beautiful face.

By the time I finished gathering my things, all the students had already rushed out to begin their summer.

"Bye Mrs. Marin!" I called, waving.

"Bye Kris," Mrs. Marin sighed, slumping tiredly on her chair.

...

"Dad! I'm home!" I hollered as I dropped my things on the ground.

"Great son! Come and help me then! We have guests today!" my dad announced.

I walked into the kitchen to see my dad hard at work, cooking a delicious plate of lasagna.

"Who's coming over, dad?" I questioned, as I took a taste of my dad's lasagna sauce.

Mmmm.

"The McKanes," my dad chirped, smiling from ear to ear.

Chase was coming over today? Why didn't I hear about this sooner?

"Ohh, I'll go tidy up the house then," I offered, walking over to start on tidying the living room first.

...

Finally after an exhausting 3 hours, the house was spotless. Well except for maybe a few things here and there, but come on, that's the closest a house can get to spotless.

The house was surprisingly much dustier than I'd originally thought. A bunch of dust bunnies here and there and some icky spider webs.

Walking into the kitchen, my senses were invaded with delicious aroma of freshly cooked food.

"Dad, when will the McKanes be arriv-" I began but was cut of short when the doorbell rang.

Smoothing down my shirt, I opened the door to see both Chase and his mom smiling brightly.

"Hello Mrs. McKane," I greeted as I gestured for her to come in.

"Hello Kris!" Mrs. McKane beamed, entering the house.

I turned back to the door, to see Chase standing there, looking hot as ever.

"H-hi Chase," I stuttered.

Ugh. God he affects me so much. Just looking at him and I can't even get my sentences straight.

"Hey babe," he replied casually, smiling cheekily at me, as he pulled me in, his lips moving on mine.

I kissed him back lovingly, pulling gently at his hair as he let out a moan. His hands traveled down grabbing at my ass, giving it a light squeeze.

I gasped at the sudden contact as he took the opportunity to slip his tongue in my mouth.

I continued to moan, as our kiss got a little more heated then intended.

"Boys! If you could just hurry up with your little umm, make out session, we'd be glad to start dinner now," my dad called, causing us to stop abruptly.

Shit. We really need to keep it cool when our parents are around. Another 5 minutes of that and we could have been banging each other.

Taking Chase's hand in mine, I walked into the kitchen, sitting down at the table.

...

"So, Kris, how was your school year? What happened?" Chase's mom asked, looking up at me.

"Let's see... I got beat up a couple times, I got called a fag, I was heartbroken, I was betrayed... Oh and I nearly drowned to death," I answered nonchalantly as I continued to stuff my face with food.

"Nearly drowned to death?!" Chase's mom exclaimed, starring at me wide eyed."My goodness. Why do I have a feeling you have something to do with this Chase?"

Chase just chuckled, looking at his mom innocently.

"Is there anything good that came out of this year?" my dad asked, raising his eyebrows at us.

"Well, I got a cute boyfriend," Chase replied, pulling me in for another loving kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as we kissed, forgetting our parents were there.

"Get a room!" my dad and Chase's mom scolded in unison.

"Sure can do!" Chase replied in a sing song voice, as he began pulling me towards my room upstairs.

"Boys! What do you think your doing?! Come back here! Don't get dirty now! Boys! No sex!" Mrs. McKane shrieked exasperatedly.

I blushed at the thought of me and Chase having sex again.

"So, how 'bout it?" Chase asked, as if he'd read my mind.

I blushed a deeper shade of red, as I crawled onto the bed.

"Chase! Stop being a perv all the time! I'm beginning to think your only using me for sex!" I scolded pouting.

Chase crawled onto the bed, laying beside me as he kissed my lips lightly, wiping the pout of my face.

"Of course not Kris. I really am in love with you. And don't ever think otherwise," Chase assured me sincerely.

I yawned, as he pulled me close against his chest, his body warmth radiating against me.

I found myself snuggling closer into his chest, as he kissed the top of my head.

"I'm crazy in love with you, Kris," Chase whispered.

"I'm madly in love with you, Chase," I whispered back as sleep started to engulf me.

This was one hell of a year. And definitely a year I would never forget.