Goodbyes

"Bye mom." I said as I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Bye baby. Be sure to send me your travel diaries." She sniffed.

She is a big part of my life. She herself raised me and my brother after my dad left us. She had worked two jobs to get me into college and pay bills.

And now I'm leaving. Off to travel the world like I always wanted to.

I hugged her tightly because I knew I wouldn't be seeing her for the next few months. I kissed her forehead and told her I would Skipe her when I get to the first destination.

I walked out to my car and headed off to my boyfriend Cory's house.

Me and Cory have been together for the past 5 months and everything has been going great.

We went to high school together and finished college together. He plans to be in the NFL so he is staying here in New York to persue his career.

I get to his house in 10 minutes since he doesn't live very far from my mom's apartment. I get out the car and close the door and walk to his complex. I ring his bell and he buzzed me up.

"Hey babe," he says as he opens the door and gives me a small peck on the lips.

"Hey babe." I said.

"You ready for South Korea?!" He said picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

I was screaming put me down as he settled me on the couch. He started to tickle me.

"I don't think I heard you. Are you ready for Korea?!" He laughed.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I exclaimed.

Our laughter boomed through the apartment and after that I just half listened to him speaking of football.

For him football is everything and is all he ever talks about. Sometimes it gets annoying. Sometimes I want to talk about me and where I'm going.

After talking about football and his try outs to be on the New York Giants and try outs to be on the New York Jets, I kissed him goodbye and promised to Skype him when I get to the destination.

It was time to go see my brother.

My brother, James, is in college. He's on a free ride at NYU because of an acedemic scholarship. Him and I have a good relationship and we always look out for each other.

It takes me about another 10 minutes to get to NYU because of traffic.

While driving, a car in front of me kept on swerving through different lanes and it caused me to get a little pissed off. I cursed at the driver when I got passed him.

When I got to my brothers dormitory I went through the lobby, up the stairs, and into his hall. His dorm number was 3A and I was very excited to see him. He's my bestfriend.

"Hey Luna!" He said, hugging me tightly.

"Hey James!" I said.

"I missed you, you ready for South Korea?" He asked.

South Korea has been the only thing I've been talking about for the past few months while planning my trip around the world.

I want to pursue my dream in modeling and I feel like one of the best places to do it is South Korea.

Not only is South Korea a beautiful country, its capital Seoul is home to some of the most beautiful modern buildings, old temples, and pop culture.

"Yea I'm ready. I missed u too, how's college and how's Ashton?" I asked.

Ashton is James's boyfriend. James is gay and he came out to my mother and I last year.

"Me and Ashton are good. We just got to second base." He smirked.

I laughed and we continued on with our conversation about college and our relationships.

"I'll come to visit." I said, while wiping away a tear from my cheek. Me and James were saying our goodbyes.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you." I said.

I left and got in my car. It was time to head to the airport. It was now 4:00 and my flight was at 6:00. The first place I was going to was Paris, France.

I was very excited to see the Eiffel tower. My mother and father went there for their honeymoon and I decided that it would be the first place on my hit list.

Paris is a global center for art, fashion, and culture, which are all things I absolutely love.

Ever since I was a little girl I liked to dress up and wear my moms heels when she wasn't home. I would get caught though and I would have to stand in the corner for an excruciating amount of time.

I parked right in front of the airport and grab my luggage from the trunk.

This is it, I'm actually doing this, I thought. I took a deep breath and stepped inside.

LaGuardia was packed. People were rushing in out and coming and going from different places.

I looked at the time on my watch and I gasped. It was 5:30. I was gonna miss my flight.

I raced to check in and handed the agent my passport and baggage fee and put my luggage on the scale. The agent put my luggage on the conveyer belt and then gave me my passport and boarding passes.

Then I zoomed on over to security. The line was super long. When I finally got to the front I gave them my passport and boarding passes.

Then I took off my shoes and leather jacket and put them in the plastic bin along with my Mac book and iPad. I put it on the conveyer belt and I walked through the metal detector.

I looked at my watch and it was now 5:50. I was sure that I was going to miss my flight.

I grabbed my stuff and put back on my shoes and jacket. Then I bolted towards my gate. I could here the lady over the intercom.

"Now boarding Gate 27 Flight 894." That was my flight and my gate.

I was having trouble finding my gate and it was now 5:58. I saw a family next to me with a whole bunch of kids running towards a gate they had to get to.

"Gate 27 is this way!" The guy at the front of the mob said.

I run like a track star all the way to my gate and I got there just in time.

I find my seat which was specifically chosen by the window and sit down. I buckle my seat belt and scroll through my Instagram until I start to feel the plane go upward.

It was exactly 6:05 and the sun set was beautiful. The sky looked like it had been perfectly painted with hints of purple, red, orange, and yellow. It looked amazing.

I took out my camera and took a picture. And then I took a deep breath.

This is it. I'm off to Paris.