2

"Come on, let's get you out of here."

Sam cut through the material that tied Dean to the pole. He gently held his arms and helped raise him to his feet.

"C'mon Dean. Let's go."

"The...Vampires..."

Dean looked around. The wounds on his neck where seemingly patched up with some sort of cloth. There was a lot of blood, from what he could see, it was mostly his.

"Cas is taking care of it. We need to go."

"What... took you so long?"

Dean asked, pushing away from Sam. Trying to stand by himself.

"I had to destroy the angel sigils."

"Oh."

"Now come on. You're bleeding and we have to get you out of here. Can you walk?"

Dean nodded.

"Good, then come on."

Dean wobbled his way out of the barn, flashes of white light still glowed behind him and Sam as they made their way to the Impala. Dean headed for the drivers seat.

"Nu uh."

Sam said.

"I don't think so."

Dean sighed and handed Sam the keys, walking around the the passenger seat and getting in. Slamming the door shut.

"Cas will join us when he's done."

Sam said as he turned the key and stared up the car. He hit the gas and pulled out of the barns makeshift driveway. They were a little over two miles down the road when Cas appeared in the back.

"Are you alright, Dean?"

He grunted.

"Yeah i'm fine."

"Are you sure? I apologise for not coming earlier."

"Sam explained it, it's fine. I didn't die so it's all good."
Cas opened his mouth to add something more, then shut it. Deciding to keep it to himself. He just nodded.

"So what was that?"

Dean asked, looking at Sam.

"What?"

"We go to fight a shape-shifter and I get bat-napped by vamps?"

"I...I don't know, Dean. I guess they heard we were in the area and took their chance to get you. I honestly don't know. You sure you okay? You lost a lot of blood."

Dean reached up and touched his neck.

"I'm good. It stopped already."

"Okay. Good."

Dean reached forward and stuck 'Laugh I Nearly Died' by the Rolling Stones into the radio. Everyone sat quietly, listening to the music. Until Sam pulled into the parking lot of the motel they were staying in.

"I'll check in on you guys later. I'm at your call."

"You sure?"

Dean turned around to stare Cas in the eye. Cas looked away and nodded. Then he flashed out. Poofing away like he always did. Sam sighed.

"Don't be so rough on him. He's just trying to be helpful."

"Yeah?"

Dean groaned when he opened the door.

"Then he should try harder."

He climbed out of the Impala and walked up to the motel door. Sam sighed once more before exiting the car as well and joining Dean. He stuck the Room 8 Key into the hole and opened the door.

"Ladies first."

He said, stepping aside for Dean.

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

Sam stepped in after Dean and shut the door. Making sure to place the 'Do Not Disturb' note on the door. Dean flopped on to his bed and stared at the ceiling above him. His crossed his arms behind his head and breathed deeply. Sam scratched his head, ruffling his hair. He walked over and sat down on the edge of his own bed. He put his head in his hands and rested his elbows on his knees. He stared at the ground between his legs.

"Dean?"

"Sam?"
"That wasn't Cas' fault. He wanted to help sooner but I couldn't find the-"

"I know you're lying."

"Whay?"

Sam looked up at looked at Dean. Who still looked up at the ceiling.

"The doors were open. You, or Cas, could have just walked in. Nothing was stopping him from poofing inside and helping."

"You don't get it."

"You're damn right I don't. Why are you lying for him?"

That's when Dean looked up and there eyes met.

"I..."

"Answer me or shut the hell up."

"I'm only trying to help."

"How?"

"We need each other. If your dumb anger gets in the way of our relationship with Cas, we can all die."

"I don't need Cas."

"Dean-"

"I don't."

He sat up.

"He's just a dumb angel who doesn't understand anything. I don't need him."

"Dean stop."

"Why?"

Dean stood up and glared down at Sam. The only time he ever actually could.

"I don't!"

He yelled. He spun on his heel to head to the bathroom- and he ran into Cas. He stumbled slightly while Cas stood completely still.

"Dean.."

Sam whispered.

"I understand what you mean Dean. I won't come around for you anymore."

"Cas-"

Dean started. Cas walked around him and stood in front of Sam.

"I'll await your call from now on, Sam."

Sam nodded.

"Okay."

He said lightly. Cas glanced over his shoulder at Dean and couldn't help but notice the hurt in his eyes.

"Don't look so hurt, Dean. You decided this."
He said before poofing away.

Dean felt a knot swell in his throat. When Sam tried to talk to him, he didn't hear any of it. He took a deep breath and forced out words.

"I'm going to...take a shower."

He slowly stumbled his way into the bathroom, and shut the door behind him. He switched the lock and slid down the smooth surface of the wall.

What did I just do..?

He ran a hand through his hair and pressed his palms to his cheeks. He did everything he could to keep from crying. He moved his hands and gripped his shoulders. He bit his lip and pressed his eyes closed. He choked a little on his breath as he tried to steady his heart.

He had just lost...no...thrown away his best friend because he didn't want to admit he was scared.