5

"Alright. So what we have is that two families, each with a wife, husband and two kids. The husband kills the family while they sleep. But doesn't kill himself. Leaves a witness."

Dean said as he pinned the article Sam gave him to the wall. Pressing the thumb tack deep, past the off-white paint. It chipped ever so slightly.

"But why?"

Dean asked, leaning back and looking at his handy work.

"Maybe it's not a demon. Demons kill for the fun and joy of it all. They wouldn't leave a life behind."

Sam said, clicking away at the keys on his laptop.

"Maybe their narcissistic. They want the attention?"

Dean offered as he began to pin up the most recent article about the most recent murders.

"No. I don't think so, look at this."

Sam spun his computer around and Dean come over to take a look.

"What is it?"

"It's an article from, like, six months ago. A father when insane and killed his family. He was sent to jail and was killed by the other inmates."

"And you think it's the spirit of that man who's killing these families?"

"Yeah. He didn't want to die, that's why the fathers are alive still. But it wants to keep killing the families. And check this-"

Sam spun the computer back around and typed a little more. Dean returned to pinning up photos and articles.

"It says the guy who actually did kill his family had a wife and two children. All the same age as the families of the possessed killers."

"So. This spirit is possessing men who have families like he once did, and is killing them over and over again."
"Yeah. Pretty much."

Sam sighed deeply and shut his laptop.

"I'm hungry."
He said, moving his computer to the far side of the small table.

"I'll go get us something."
Dean said, rubbing his palms on his jeans and picking up the Impala car keys from the table.

"Don't go anywhere alone."

"I know the drill."

"Alright. I'll be back in ten."

Dean opened the door and stepped out. Closing it tight behind him. Sam sighed and got up, locking it. He spun around and jumped.

"Hey. Cas."
"I'm ready to understand."

"Oh, right."

Sam scratched his head and sat down on the bed.

"Sit, I guess."
Cas nodded and sat down on Dean's bed.

"Please explain."

"I'll try. You wanted to know why Dean's upset you kissed him?"

"Yes."

"It's because you didn't get that he was only joking."

"That's all? That's not a big reason to be upset with someone."

"And you're a dude."

Sam said matter-o-factly.

"Because I am a man I can not kiss Dean?"

"Well. Yeah. It's the fact that Dean is straight."
"His spine is rather crooked, actually."

Sam smiled.