Chapter 3

Victoria's POV

I spun around to see Louis ahead of me, a stern expression on his face. That is literally the only emotion he is capable of to show, that and his annoying smirk.

"My God, don't you know how to do anything? Don't touch my stuff" he told me. I backed away from the collectibles and followed him to his desk. He sat down and pulled out a small tin of mints. He placed one on his tongue and sighed.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked, looking around.

"Nothing much now, you would've gotten more work done if you hadn't been rummaging through my shit" he rolled his eyes.

"They're about to come in, so I guess pull up a chair in the back and sit it in. Play on your phone until they enter, I don't know"

I shrugged and did what I was told. I sat down, smoothing my dress at the back while lowering down. I pulled out my phone and leaned back against the chair that was propped up against the wall. I often caught glances at Louis, for no reason whatsoever. I smiled to myself, as his expression changed from calm to worried when he had mixed up a student's name card, the way his forehead crinkled in frustration when he lost track of a set of worksheets. Even his tongue slightly popping out of his mouth, and his eyes slightly squinting as he smiled after finding the missing assignments.

I walked over to him. "Hey" I said.

He looked up at me, his lips in a straight line.

"What do you need now?"

"Nothing. Are you excited for your new students to come in? I'm sure they'll love you" I have no idea why I just complimented Louis, but I figured instead of arguing with him, I'd kill him with kindness. "I've been doing this for two years. No biggie" he shrugged. I sighed, defeated. Just as I was about to walk back to my seat, Louis called out.

"Victoria, wait"

I turned around to face him.

"Yeah..."

"I'm...yeah, I'm really excited" he half smiled.

I gave him a small smile, and went back to my seat. As I was half way through level 4 of Angry Birds, the bell rung. My stomach dropped, well more like filled with butterflies. They would be walking through the doors any moment now.

I powered down my phone, and sat up straight in the seat. Louis fumbled with his belongings and the papers scattered all around the table. "Need some help?" I offered.

"No, I'm fine" he grumbled.

He was back.

Kids started walking in. Boys with graphic tees, girls with ponytails, groups of friends laughing, some quietly sitting down. I couldn't wait for this semester.

A kid about 12 years old or so sat to the side, in front of me almost.

"Are you the teacher's wife?" He asked me

I nearly choked on my spit.

"No, most definitely not" I laughed.

"I'm the assistant or helper, whatever that's called.

"Oh... well your really pretty" he complimented.

Such a gentleman, unlike a certain someone. "Thank you" I smiled.

Once everyone settled in, Louis got up in the front of the class.

"Hello everybody! My name is Mr.Tomlinson, and this semester, I will be your theater teacher. I'll tell you a little about myself. Lets see, we'll for starters, I'm 24. Yeah, I'm not that old so don't be fooled by the occurring beard" he joked

I liked this side of Louis, he may be a jerk, but I could tell he really loved teaching this subject.

"Anyway, I was born in Donecaster, England, and I moved to the U.S when I was about 18 years old. I have five younger sisters aswell. I've been in several plays, in elementary school and in high school. That's basically it, so I look forward to having a great year with you guys. I promise it will be a lot of fun" he finally finished.

A blonde haired girl with braces raised her hand.

"Yeah?"

The blonde girl pointed to me.

"Who's she? Is that your girlfriend"

Louis widened his eyes.

"No...that's..uh, ..she's my helper for this class"

I awkwardly waved at the class, and lowered my eyes in embarrassment.

"Victoria" I heard Louis say my name.

I lifted up my head.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?" He smirked.

"No thanks"

"No really, I'm sure they'd love to heard all about you"

I glared at him, but walked to the front of the class.

"Uh, hi. Well, my name is Victoria Simpson. And yeah, I'll be helping around here throughout this semester" I started, nervously tugging at my hair.

"Well I just graduated college, and I'm 19 years old. I have an older sister named Alexa, and I use to have a little baby hamster named Tiffany, who was so chubby, she could barely stand on her own two feet!" I giggled at the memory. The class laughed along with me, and I swear I saw a hint of amusement from Louis in the corner of my eye.

"Anyway, I love fashion, and I do have a bunch of drawings and doodles in a sketchbook somewhere, but I also love acting. I've been in some really fun school musicals when I was younger and I've been to a couple of acting camps. It was just so much fun, to create this whole different character that was like, the complete opposite of yourself. Uh..that's it I guess" I spoke, finally finished with my introduction.

I headed back to my seat, and waited while Louis took attendance and learned some names. I had learned a few also, like the blondie's name was Logan, and the polite boy who had complimented me was named Joey.

"Alright" Louis announced.

"Lets go into the auditorium and work on our first production!"