Chapter 9

The silence of the end of the line made me anxious. I could feel my stomach drop in a terrible way.

"Louis, are you still there?"

"I'm coming over" he finally said.

"Wh-no Louis, I'm in the bath right now...and it's not a good idea"

"Be there in 10" Louis ignored me and hung up.

I turned of the water and quickly dried myself with a towel. I had no choice but to hurry up and get dressed. I put on lose pajama pants and a graphic t-shirt. Just as I was about to pull a fuzzy sock over my right foot, I heard a knock. My stomach dropped, and I walked over slowly turning the knob on the door.

Louis stood there wearing a beanie, a t-shirt and jeans. I would never have imagined him wearing something as casual and laid back as that, but somehow he made it work.

"Why would you-wha-I just can't-did it really mean nothing when we-Harry? Are you kidding me-I-fuck Victoria what are you doing to me?!" Louis spoke angrily.

I sighed. "Louis, listen" I walked over to him, attempting to explain.

"No you listen!" He yelled, grabbing a lamp that my mother had gotten for her 16 birthday and passed it down to me on mine, and throwing it against the wall.

I jumped back, startled. Well more like scared. The lamp shade was crooked and the porcelain like lamp base was broken along with other pieces like the bulb which was completely shattered. My eyes started to water and I darted my eyes back to Louis.

"Victoria I'm-"

"Leave" I told him, my voice breaking. "Go right now"

His features softened and he nodded in understanding. He took one last look at me and then he left. I immediately broke in to sobs, tears rolling down my face. This wasn't how it was supposed to be, all this drama and anger...I was completely heartbroken. Over the lamp and Louis.

I stood up and grabbed a tissue. I dried my eyes, and sniffed. I cleaned up the mess, trying not to cut myself with the sharp shards. I sighed as I looked around me. No marks were left on the wall, thank goodness, but it still felt empty and terrifying. I don't know why the hell I did this, seeing as he was the reason my favorite lamp is broken, but I grabbed my phone and opened up messages. I composed a text to Harry:

Come over, now