✦ ✧ o n e

[ day one ]

it wasn't like tobio hated to travel. he loved seeing sights — although he'd rather die than admit that he loved travel. it was just the fact that he was traveling with a certain red headed dumbass that didn't excite him.

"kageyama! i'll race you to the terminal!"

"oh kageyama, can i have the window seat?"

"i wonder how big the plane is..."

"i'm hungry, kageyama. can we get something to eat?"

"when does the plane board again?"

his questions never seemed to end. tobio was beginning to wonder if he had an "off" switch in that fluffy mess of hair. once they boarded the airplane, the questions still didn't stop.

"say, kageyama, i wonder if america is much different?"

"will you hold my hand during take off? i'm scared." (which was answered with a prompt and sassy "no, dumbass.")

after awhile, thankfully, shouyo had worn himself out and quickly fell asleep on tobio's shoulder, much to the setter's dismay. after reaching across the sleeping boy and slamming the sliding window shade shut, he finally leaned back in the oh-so-uncomfortable chair. they had lots of things to do upon landing — checking out the rental car, exchanging their yen for american dollars, finding a place to eat in the airport, et cetera.

tobio knew the flight would last quite a long time, so he leaned his head back on the leather seat and closed his eyes, hoping for sleep to come to him.

when shouyo awoke, he was surprised to find himself leaning into tobio — and even more surprised that tobio had not shoved him off. there was yet another surprise — there was a kind looking woman with a patient smile plastered to her face, holding a cart. on the cart, there were many cups and pull out drawers of soda bottles and water bottles.

"sorry to wake you, sir. would you care for a refreshment?" the kind looking woman asked, smiling gently.

"er, ah, no thank you," shouyo stuttered, his voice thick with sleep.

"and your friend?" the woman said, gesturing to tobio.

shouyo looked up at his friend, discovering with a grin that he was asleep, mouth hanging open slightly and a tiny bit of drool coming from the side of his mouth.

"kageyama?" shouyo said quietly, poking him gently, as if he were a giant bear who would kill him. and, in all honesty, tobio is a grumpy guy.

he didn't stir.

shouyo hung his head in defeat, but didn't try to wake him again. looking up at the flight attendant, he simply shook his head, which the flight attendant answered back with a knowing nod, and then moved on to the next seats.

a soft snore erupted from the sleeping king beside him, and with a grin, shouyo gently laid his head back down on his shoulder.

"this is your captain speaking—"

tobio awoke with a jolt, a loud and crackly voice coming over what he guessed was an intercom. he listened intently to what the captain was about to say.

"we will be landing in los angeles shortly, flight attendants please prepare for landing. passengers, please return your seats to their upright positions and put away the trays on the seats in front of you. place all carry on bags underneath the seats in front of you, and enjoy the rest of your flight — we expect a very gentle landing. the weather in los angeles is around... eighty one degrees fahrenheit."

a still very sleepy tobio looked down at the snoring shouyo on his shoulder, shuddering with disgust that he was drooling — on his shoulder. he rolled his eyes and began doing as the captain had instructed. he raised his seat and shoved his bag under the seat in front of him. without moving shouyo too much, he leaned over and raised his seat. the boy didn't even stir when he was jolted forward as his chair moved. with a soft sigh of relief and a roll of his eyes, tobio also did his best to push shouyo's bag under the seat in front of him.

and before he realized it, the plane lurched, and he could feel himself being pushed back into his chair, thinking "how in the world is that dumbass still asleep with all of this going on?"

he was in america.

as soon as the plane stopped and parked at the terminal, he began to shake shouyo.

"hinata," he whispered, shaking him gently. it wasn't at if he cared if he was awakened roughly or gently, he just... didn't want to cause a commotion. that was it. however, the boy didn't stir. tobio was growing annoyed.

"hinata, you idiot, are you dead?" the setter teased. the smaller boy looked so peaceful. with one more shake, he opened his eyes a bit and sat up straight.

"wass happenin'?" he slurred, looking around and then opening the window shade a bit, only to gasp as he saw they were on the ground.

"kageyama! we're in america!"

"shut up, shorty! you're so loud!"

wow. this chapter took a lot of unnecessary math that i ended up not even needing. nice. anyways, leave a vote if you enjoyed and leave a comment if you'd like to!