✦ ✧ e l e v e n

[ day six ]

"okay, well i've decided that you have literally no taste in music. what do you mean by 'trashy'? this song is iconic!" shouyo exclaimed and sank down in his seat in disappointment.

"i mean that it's trashy," tobio said with a blank expression, his eyes still glued to the road before him.

"well, you're trashy," the shorter boy retorted and his pout seemed to grow even more pathetic looking.

"i'm sorry, i just don't like black pink," tobio said with a shrug.

"but boombayah is iconic!" shouyo protested grabbing his phone and turning the volume up louder as tobio seemed to grow even more upset.

"but it's trashy, dumbass."

"hey hey hey!! its the exit, take this exit!" shouyo shouted much to tobio's disdain, then grabbed the steering wheel.

"what the fuck, let go! do you wanna get in a wreck, stupid hinata?" shouyo quickly let go, blushing.

"um, don't forget the exit."

the sun hung like a golden ornament in the blue sky, not a single cloud blocking it's rays.

scores of people, the majority of which were children scrambled around. the telltale sounds of an amusement park made shouyo feel tingly inside. he could practically taste the cotton candy and could hear the excited (or maybe petrified) shrieks of people as they were whipped side to side on rollercoasters. upbeat music played in the background and everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves, except for tobio.

"what's the matter with you, grumpyama?" shouyo inquired, leaning forward to get a look of tobio's face which was now twisted up in a mixture of displeasure and annoyance.

"don't call me that. and i'm not grumpy," he retorted, crossing his arms and proving himself otherwise.

shouyo huffed and straightened up. "well, don't bring my mood down! you're totally grumpy."

tobio rolled his eyes and threw on a fake smile.

"i can tell thats fake," shouyo pointed out and tobio's face reddened. "what's wrong?"

"i don't like crowds. there's too many people, it's too hot, i don't like it," tobio mumbled.

"why didn't you just say so? we didn't have to come. there's plenty of other things to do in colorado other than elitch gardens. we didn't have to come to an amusement park, tobio."

tobio blushed at the use of his first name.

"it's okay," he finally managed to whisper.

"do you wanna ride some rides now?" shouyo asked, trying to ask as gently as possibly.

"um, sure," tobio mumbled.

"i changed my mind. i don't wanna do this, is there a way to get off this thing?" shouyo said, his voice laced with terror as the ride's protective bars came down over the passenger's laps.

"obviously not, dumbass. get over it," tobio grumbled, yet even he was a bit nervous.

shouyo had decided upon the tallest, scariest, fastest ride he could find and had dragged tobio into the dreadfully long cue, and even though he was reluctant to ride, he couldn't help but grin at the butterflies in his stomach.

shouyo, on the other unfortunate hand, looked as pale as he was before a big match. tobio watched in dismay as his friend fidgeted and squirmed in his seat.

"please keep all hands and feet inside the ride at all times and carefully store away all loose items. enjoy your ride," chirped a cheerful voice and shouyo's stomach dropped. his shaky hand groped around wildly for tobio's steady hand, and upon finding it clamped his hand around the other.

the tall incline loomed in front of them and shouyo trembled more than a scared cat. "you think it's too late to get off? i don't want to do this. i'm too small, i'm gonna fly off, oh my god kageyama, what if i die —"

"the only way you're gonna die is if you don't shut up," tobio snapped, and this seemed to shut shouyo up.

as the two looked over the view of the entire park from the top of this seeming death trap, excitement and terror coursed through their veins. shouyo quickly let go of tobio's hand, instead wrapping both arms around tobio's arm and squeezing tight.

the flash of a camera temporarily blinded the two, before the coaster sent them plunging to their doom.

"that was so cool!" shouyo shouted, bouncing off of the ride after steadying himself.

"you were hugging my arm and about to cry. that's not cool, dumbass," tobio said, raising a hand to thump shouyo's forehead.

"ouch," the shorter complained, before gasping sharply. "our pictures! let's go look at our pictures.

the pair pushed rudely through a small crowd of other precious passengers to take a look of their pictures on the small screens before them.

"oh my goodness, your face!" cried a woman near them.

"do you see ours, kageyama?" shouyo said from a much shorter standpoint, not being able to see the pictures.

"uh, yeah," he said, trying to stifle a laugh. shouyo's face looked absolutely petrified, clinging for life on tobio's poor arm.

tobio on the other hand looked braced for death, squinting his eyes together as tightly as possible.

he grabbed shouyo's hand and pulled him a man standing at a desk with a red umbrella above him.

"how do you buy pictures?"

ahh this chapter kinda sucks!! sorry.

i headcanon that both hinata & kageyama enjoy kpop, but don't agree on which groups/songs are good/bad.

i also headcanon that kags hates crowds? and that hinata is afraid of more things than he's willing to admit.

thanks for reading!!