✦ ✧ t w e l v e

[ day seven ]

"so, i was looking some stuff up," shouyo said, deep in concentration, his head ducked and practically buried in his phone.

tobio made a noise in his throat to prompt his companion to go on.

"and, honestly, nebraska likes their zoos," he finished, sighing as he closed his phone.

tobio shrugged. "i don't have anything against zoos."

shouyo slumped down in his seat and watched out of the windshield, then clambered over to head butt a driving tobio in the shoulder.

"yeah, well that's probably because you're so boring," he pouted. tobio shrugged.

"it's not boring to be agreeable, unlike you who can't seem to decide what we're gonna do," he said, rubbing the spot where shouyo had rammed his head into his shoulder.

after a few minutes of silence, shouyo sprang up. "i know! let's not go anywhere, let's just kinda chill," he said proudly.

tobio chuckled. "and you call me boring? but, okay. because i'm agreeable. and you're not."

not two seconds later, shouyo was looking at tobio with a devious glint in his eye.

"don't do it," tobio warned.

"p, e, to the t, t, y," shouyo shrieked into tobio's ear, earning him a punch in the arm and a half-assed kick in the shin since tobio couldn't exactly kick a passenger from the driver's seat.

he rolled his eyes in faux anger, glaring at shouyo who was grinning like an idiot. "i told you not to do it," he grumbled.

thirty minutes later, the two found themselves at a run down gas station much to tobio's confusion.

"hinata, what are we doing here?" he asked, carefully pulling into a parking space. the white paint marking the places was fading.

after parking, shouyo flung himself out of the car and stretched quickly before bounding off into the gas station, disappearing behind sliding doors.

tobio sighed. everything about shouyo was annoying, he had decided the first time he met him. the annoying way he got excited over everything, the annoying way his eyes seemed to sparkle all the time, it was all too much for him to handle.

in the past week, he was beginning to realize he was less annoying, and perhaps the right word for him was endearing.

his everlasting excitement, his sparkly eyes that he couldn't rip his own away from were endearing, not annoying.

he cleared his throat and began walking in the direction that shouyo had once bounded in, and into the gas station.

upon walking in, he was disgusted by how dirty the once white tile floors were and the mysterious stench that smelled vaguely like what what his socks smell like after volleyball practice if he happens to catch a whiff.