TRENT BONUS POV CHAPTER-16

Hey, guys! Quick reminder: this is exactly the same as the original chapter 16, so I would go back and look it over briefly if you don't remember what happened.
Or, I guess I could sum it up for you in three words: Their first kiss.
Enjoy!

TRENT'S POV
SIXTEEN:

"Why can't you drink it?" Audrey asked after my words finally registered with her.

The desperation in her wide blue eyes was almost enough for me to take pity on her, but a bigger part of me wanted to see her take what was most likely her first sip of alcohol, so I gave her an unapologetic smile. "Tyler's shots are mine, Lauren's are yours."

Her eyes went even wider. "B-but-"

"Just drink it!" Tyler hollered across the table, interrupting her freak out.

I stifled my smile as she turned to glare at Tyler with narrowed eyes, picking up the plastic cup she was sentenced to drink. Her distaste was evident on her face as she fished the plastic ball out of the cup, barely touching the sticky object before dropping it to the table.

She brought the cup to her mouth with a shaky hand, and a sick part of me relished the way her lips curled over its rim as she prepared to drink. I watched her eyes flutter shut but quickly re-open before she finally drank. The sip was small, but obviously enough for her to pull away in disgust.

"Gotta drink it all!" My sister yelled to her, and the amusement in her voice let me know she was enjoying this as much as I was.

She let out a sigh and brought the cup back to her mouth. I saw she still had over a quarter left and felt slightly bad for her. My first taste of beer had been at age 14 and I hadn't been too fond of it then, so I could only imagine what Audrey must've been going through as she gulped it down.

I turned away and got ready for my shot as she tossed the cup into the trash bin that stood a few feet away. "Your luck's about to run out!" The taunting in Tyler's voice was accompanied by a drunken slur, courtesy of the two rounds he'd already lost to me.

I paused, giving my best friend nothing but a smirk before lobbing the ping pong ball directly into their center cup. I turned to look at Audrey expectantly while Tyler grumbled. It was obvious she was fighting off an impressed smile which, for some strange reason, pleased me.

Realizing it was her turn, she grabbed the other ball with more excitement than the first time. I watched her bite her lip and stare at the ball with determination, her eyes flicking up before she pitched the ball into a perfect arch across the table.

I watched in disbelief as it rolled across the touching rims of a few cups, before finally plopping into the same one where mine had landed.

It took my brain a second to fully comprehend what had just happened, and Tyler voiced what I hadn't been able to yet. "No way. No fucking way!"

Audrey eyed the crowd that had grown still around her, and Tyler's gaping expression. "What? What does that mean, is it good?" She laughed uneasily.

Lauren was the one to answer her after a few more seconds of shocked silence. "It's over. Y-you just...your ball landed in the same cup as Trent's, you guys win."

"What the fuck? Did you just hustle us, Audrey?" Tyler looked like he was stuck between stunned disbelief and bursting into hysterical laughter. I understood, because I felt exactly the same in that moment.

I watched her eyes go wide at Tyler's accusation. "What? No! I didn't even know!" She exclaimed. She glanced at me while nervously playing with the sleeve of her sweater. "So, what now?"