Chapter 2 - Part 1

It was my last night alone before Anne arrived back from her conference

It was my last night alone before Anne arrived back from her conference. I was in my room trying to pick out something to wear to school tomorrow. I decided on an outfit for school and stuffed it into my duffel bag along with pyjamas and underwear.

Jared had made it clear he didn't want me on my own and that he preferred if I stayed the night at his house. He'd offered me his room and he'd told me he would stay in the guest bedroom. It wasn't like we hadn't slept together in the same bed before. Maybe he was trying to give me space or perhaps he was trying to be a gentleman. I rubbed my forehead I was starting to get a headache. I put it down to the fact I was tired.

I made a quick call to my grandmother then I packed everything I needed into my duffel bag. I closed up the house and made the quick walk to Jared's house.

I knocked and waited.

"Come in," Catherine shouted from inside the house somewhere so I opened the front door and walked inside.

"Jared is upstairs," his mom told me from the kitchen.

"Thanks," I said in her direction and walked up the stairs.

His bedroom door was slightly ajar so I knocked tentatively. There was no answer. I knocked again and then waited, still nothing, so I slowly pushed the door open. His room was empty. I wondered where he was. I walked over to his bed and dropped my duffel bag beside it.

It was only when his bathroom door opened and he walked out with only a towel wrapped around his waist did I realize he'd been in the bathroom. His hairs was wet and droplets of water slid down his bare chest.

Oh my!

The sight of him was enough to heat my blood. He gave me a knowing smile and strolled over to where I was standing by his bed.

"Hi," he whispered. His voice slightly hoarse, his eyes dark and intense. I swallowed hard feeling a little lightheaded at the impact of him. At loss for words I continued to stare at him. Captivated. He was so close. I put my hands against his naked chest. His skin was warm and smooth. Feeling his heart beneath mine made my heart race.

His masculine arms wrapped around me and he leaned closer to cover my lips with his. The kiss was soft and gentle. My knees wobbled. This boy could do all sorts of stuff to my hormones. I held onto him as he lifted his lips from mine.

"Let me get some clothes on," he said with confident smile. I sat down on his bed unable to hold myself up. He grabbed some clothes off his bed before he disappeared back into the bathroom.

I didn't know if I would ever get enough of him. My headache had worsened. I lay back on the bed and closed my eyes. Maybe if I just lay down a little the headache would go away.

I was standing in the clearing. It was dark but with the moonlight I could see a boy standing in the clearing a few feet away from me.

He stood facing me but I couldn't see his features. Curious I walked closer. I don't know why but I couldn't seem to help myself. My instincts screamed for me to run in the opposite direction but I continued to step closer to the stranger.