Chapter 2 - Part 2

With my mind made up I got my school clothes from my duffel bag. I had a shower and then I got ready for school. Once I was done I went downstairs and into the kitchen.

Jared was hunched over his cereal and his mom was drinking her coffee beside him at the kitchen table.

"Morning," Catherine greeted me when she saw me in enter.

"Hi," I greeted back as I walked over to sit beside Jared. He stood up and greeted me with a kiss on the lips.

"Did you sleep okay?" he asked as he pulled out a chair for me.

"Yeah." I sat down.

I couldn't exactly tell him I had a nightmare about Mason especially when it included Mason reminding me that I was his. I looked down at my hand again. No blue energy. So far so good. I hoped it would stay like that until at least after school finished.

Jared offered me some cereal, my favourite in fact but I shook my head. Instead I asked for some plain toast. He raised a curious eyebrow but got up and started making me toast. I didn't know what was wrong with me. It was so weird. I was pretty sure that it had something to do with what I was changing into.

"Are you okay?" Catherine asked me as we were finishing our breakfast.

"Yeah, why?" I asked. I had been silent, too deep in my my thoughts. I needed to keep it together until at least after school.

"You just seem preoccupied," she stated, while her perceptive green eyes studied me.

"I was just thinking about Anne coming home today," I soothed over my lie. I was getting really good lying.

"Are you looking forward to her return?" she asked.

"Yes even though it's easier to hide things when she isn't here."

Catherine nodded. She understood. They'd been hiding their secret their whole lives, I'd only been at it for a few short weeks.

"We need to go or we'll be late for school," Jared reminded as he glanced at the clock fixed to the kitchen wall.

I went upstairs and grabbed my school bag before going Jared in his car. The ride to school was quiet. My thoughts were firmly fixed on what had happened earlier with the blue energy. I felt nervous that I'd made a mistake by keeping it from Jared and going to school.

Then we arrived at school it was too late to turn back. I let out a deep breath before Jared came around to my side of the car. I got out. Jared took my hand in his and walked me to the entrance of the school.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked me as we entered the building.

"Yeah, why?" I asked trying to hide my nervousness with a dismissive shrug.

"You just seem to be somewhere else," he said. He stopped and turned to face me. His deep green eyes searched mine.

"Everything's fine," I tried assure him before giving him a quick kiss on the lips. He continued to look at me like he was contemplating whether to push it or not.

"Come on otherwise we won't make it to our classes in time," I reminded as I tugged him along to our lockers.

My first couple of classes passed quickly. My fear that the blue energy would make an reappearance kept me on edge but so far there hadn't been any sign of it.

At lunchtime I was standing in the queue to get something from the cafeteria when I felt a tap on the shoulder. I turned to see who it was.

"Hey you," Andrew greeted in the queue behind me.