Chapter Three

It's been a few days on tour and I've adjusted fast. Living on a bus was something I'd still have to get used to but I absolutely love traveling to different places. My pay for photography is higher than I expected but never less I love the job. I usually took pictures of nature and all sorts of things like that but to actually capture the moment of people that was incredible. These boys they really became some of my best friends fast, they're open armed and take on people comfortably. I never really had friends like this and it really is great. I've been spotted by fans and at first rumors of me being a groupie started along with which guy I was dating but that was shut down when it was confirmed that I was the photographer for the band along with a new friend.

Today the show takes place in Phoenix Arizona. It's about 12 in the afternoon and everyone's just chilling outside the tour bus and messing around. We are going out in a little bit to grab some food since catering hasn't arrived yet. I just finished getting ready I wore ripped up jeans along with a blank top and little sweater over it.

 I just finished getting ready I wore ripped up jeans along with a blank top and little sweater over it

"Ready?" Ashton asks us and we all nod walking in our tiny group. We always had to take security with us due to fans waiting outside of venues and we definitely didn't want the boys in danger. We walked around the fenced area from where the bus was parked and my eyes landed on a figure standing there starring down at their phone. I stopped in my place feeling panicky. Luke seemed to notice and stopped walking.

"What?" He asks as I whip my body around and start walking back towards the bus. Calum, Michael, and Ashton didn't even realized we had stopped as they were too into their argument over Pokemon go.

"Mason" I murmur quietly not wanting Mason to hear me. Luke tenses up and looks up towards him. "That's him?" He asks and I nod my head looking down. "Why is he here?" He asks and I shrug confused my self.

"Lauren?" I hear the familiar voice behind me. I glance up at Luke who stays still. I turn my head towards Mason who is approaching us. I look back at Luke who mouths run.  Of course I decide to wear heels the day I need to run. I don't run to begin with what makes you think I can run with heels on.

"I'm wearing heels" I harshly say to him and he sighs. "Just take them off quick let's go" He rushes. I slide them off my feet and we take off running. Where we were running to I had no idea but it didn't look like we were stopping anytime soon.

We took a back way to wherever we were eating according to Luke. "He's not behind us right" I say out of breath as I slide my heels back on following him through the door.

"Doesn't look like it" He says tiredly as we scan the room for the guys. We spot them and slowly make our way over there. They all look at us funny as we take our seats.

"Where the hell did you guys go" Calum asks chuckling a little bit.

"They seem sweaty and out of breath- OH MY GOD YOU GUYS DID THE DIRTY" Michael shouts and I roll my eyes.

"We did not do anything we just ran 4 blocks away from Mason" I say sarcastically and they all go wide eyed. "He's here?" Ashton asks.

"Yeah and he probably wants to talk but I don't think I really want to" I admit shaking my head. Luke looks at me sympathetically. "well maybe if you do,  it will get him off your back for good." He suggests.

"what I did was so cruel to him and I feel awful about it. He wasn't a mean guy you know? He was sweet and he didn't deserve how I broke his heart" I admit. The bell of the restaurant rings and I look towards the door. It was him and he was staring directly at me.

"How did he?" Luke mumbles confused as I stand up. "I'm gonna go talk to him" I tell them walking towards him.

"Mason..." I say awkwardly leading him outside to the side of the building. "How did you find me here?" I ask cautiously.

"It wasn't hard when pictures of you were all
over the place with this band" He bitterly says. "I thought we were doing good" He asks innocently and I felt my heart break. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling. It was all my fault I broke someone's heart.

"I'm sorry" I apologize looking him in the eyes and I see anger spread across his face. "can you tell me why?" He questions.

"I never truly loved you Mason" I admit "In the beginning when we first started going out it was great. You made me feel like I was worth it but over time you didn't look at me like you used to" I shake my head "you ignored me and didn't really care much for me and that's when I realized us getting married wasn't a good idea. I'm not even sure why you proposed to me" I admit. "How I ended things I apologize for I ran away and it happened so quickly, there could of been an explanation a goodbye but there wasn't, so I'm sorry for that"

He sighs shaking his head at me. I was about to reach out and touch his shoulder but then he started laughing which took me back. "What's so funny about that" I snap at him and he rolls his eyes.

"Of course I don't love you! The only reason I kept you by my side was for the money. My boss wanted me to have a girl on my side it drew up more money and that's why I proposed. If I proposed it be big talk in the business industry and there would be interviews and such and I'd get paid. God if I could of gotten rid of you I would of, you were annoying as hell. You were never god damn happy and all you did was whine" He rudely says. How dare he.

"Fuck you Mason. You used me for God damn money!" I tell in his face and he grins. "Why are you even here right now" I ask.

"Money, this encounter is big pay. I've got photographers taking pictures of us right now it will be spread all over, about how innocent I am and how I'm all alone" He sarcastically jokes.

"I fucking hate you" I slap him across the face. He gasps stumbling back.

"No wonder your family left you your a piece of garbage" He yells into my face before walking away. I felt the tears start running down my face as I backed against the wall and started sobbing. How could I have been so stupid for so long. I tried to wipe my tears away and make it look like I wasn't crying to go see the boys again. But as I was going towards the door they were all walking out. Immediately Luke spotted me and face softened.

"Lauren what happened" He rushes over wrapping his arms around me as I begin to sob. I couldn't talk or answer any of the questions being thrown at me.

"Can we just go back" I quietly ask and everyone nods not pushing any questions. They all gave me a hugged and we walked back quietly.