Chapter Twelve

I was so anxious the whole night. I couldn't help it, I had a major reason to be terrified and there was no way to avoid that feeling. Everyone tried to be helpful but they couldn't take away my fear. It was after the show and we all were gathered back into the bus. We all sat around in the back chatting about the show and laughing which helped get my mind off of what was happening a little bit.

"So i've been talking to this girl lately..." Michael brings off and all heads turn towards him.

"OOO Do you like her???" Calum asks teasingly. Michael's face flushed and I grinned.

"You so do" I call him out giggling and he looks down shyly.

"What's her name?" Luke asks intrigued.

"Olivia" He replied smiling.

"Pretty name" I complement.

"We haven't been taking that long but I like her" He admits.

"Aw little michael has a crush" Ashton teases. "Speaking of girls how about you two?" ashton asks pointing to Calum and Luke.

"uh" Luke awkwardly says glancing towards me. "Nobody" He quickly replies. That ached my heart a bit. But I knew coming out with our relationship would change a whole lot.

-

It was the next day and everyone was on edge. We've had more security then i've ever seen before. According to my manger they've even alerted the police about the circumstances. You'd think I should feel safe knowing that but i'm still shaking in fear.

"It will all be ok" Ashton tells me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder and I give him a slight smile. We were luckily at the venue and not confined on the bus. All the boys had interviews for the morning so I was stuck at the venue alone for the day. 

This time would be perfect to edit some of the photos i've taken over the best week. Walking through the corridor someone grabs me and covers my mouth before I can scream. They slam the door shut and spin me around to face them. My eyes widen at the unfamiliar face peering down at me. My heart was in my stomach and I was trembling in fear.

"Shh I'm not going to hurt you" The man whispers removing his hand from mine slowly.

"Who are you!" I demand stepping back. He bites down on his lip before speaking.

"I'm his son" He replies and I feel a knot stuck in the back of my throat. "But i'm not the son following in his footsteps! I'm here to protect you" He adds on.

"W-what?" I stutter. How can he be here to protect me?

"My dad and my brother rape and abuse girls and they think i'm gay and that's why I don't join in which is completely untrue i'm 100% straight but I will never treat a girl in any way like they do. I'm a cop in our home town but I have to protect my family from being caught and protect as many girls as I can from them." He explains.

"If your apparently protecting girls from them then tell me why my friend Carly is still with your brother!" I snap in his face.

"I've been trying to get her out! It's harder then it seems! I know as a cop I should of turned my dad and brother in but they'd find a way to take revenge on me. When I found out my dad was coming here, to New Mexico, to find you I knew I had to find you and protect you at the best of my ability!" He exclaims and I nod adjusting to this weird story.

"So why does your dad think your here exactly?" I ask him

"Meeting some old friends. But on the bright side I know his whereabouts to help" He calmly says. I wasn't so scared of him especially once he showed my his badge.

"So what exactly will you be doing?" I ask him weary

"I'm going to stay with you for as long as my dad is here" He responds.

"So what do I tell my friends" I cross my arms at him.

"That im here to protect you that's it and by the way my names Liam" He shakes hands with me.

"um okay." I nod "Do you have any plan in helping my friend Carly out?" I ask him worried. He nods.

"Don't worry i've got it covered, it's just taking time"

I open the room door and Liam follows me down the corridor and into the dressing room. He looked around and I awkwardly sat down on the couch picking up my laptop. I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do. I just talked to my rapists son.

"Well i've gotta go meet my dad for Lunch and pretend like i've met up with an old friend and i'll be meeting up with more. Just because my dad rapes and abuses young girls as let's say a 'job' it doesn't mean he's not my dad and treats me like a son." Liam tells me before walking out. I gulp nodding.

I pull my phone out and dial Luke.

"Hello" His voice rings through the phone.

"It's so nice to here your voice" I tell him closing my eyes and sitting back.

"You ok?" He asks. I hear him shuffle away from the guys.

"You wouldn't believe what just happened to me. I just met his second son." I tell him and I hear him stop from his pacing.

"What did you just say?" He questions sternly.

"His second son he's here to protect me" I question uncertain for myself.

"Babe i'm gonna come back there ok? I don't feel good about this" He dead serious tells me before hanging up. I bite down on my lip before opening up my laptop and researching some important thing.

Luke's Pov

After hanging up the phone with Lauren I had a nervous pit in my stomach. I opened the door and walking back into the room.

"Guys I gotta go" I tell them grabbing my belongings.

"What are you talking about? We have another interview?" Ashton stands up confused.

"I got to get to Lauren ok. Someone showed up saying their the brother, son i'm not really sure and she's confused and I don't feel comfortable having all of us leaving her alone although there's security their clearly not doing a good job" I ramble.

"I think she can live for another half hour. Luke she's a big girl" Michael tells me. They were all cleary upset I was leaving not really understanding.

"You guys don't get it" I shake my head at them heading towards the door.

"get what?" Calum asks in more of a rude tone.
"She's capable with out us for a little bit"

"Think what you want but i'm going" I snap. She was my girlfriend and my heart ached leaving her in such a low point of her life right now. They just didn't know that. They thought we were just these friends.

"Why do you care so much Luke?" Ashton stops me in my tracks. I whip around. That little question set me off.

"Why do I care? I'm fucking in love with her man" I shout a little to loudly before stomping out and slamming the door behind me. I raced down to the car before going wide eyed at realizing what I had just told everyone. I just confessed that I was in love with her.

holy fuck

I'm in love with her.