Chaper Nine

Lauren's Pov

Today we have a day of in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is absolutely gorgeous here and I can't help but photograph everything. I've been aimlessly walking around this city with boys who have of course been pulling stunts and laughing their asses off.

Luke and I haven't talked in now 4 full days and it was bugging me. He was completely avoiding me at all costs and I'm surprised nobody's noticed. I watch as he chuckles at Michael and begins to trail behind the boys. I was secretly taking pictures of all of them to have them all hopefully post on their insta grams.

"Luke" I speak up. I pick my feet up off the ground and hurry towards him. I needed answers. He glances at me and looks away.

"Stop avoiding me" I snap at him coming up right next to him. He stays quiet as I watch him. His facial features turn cold.

"Why?" He asks rudely. I scoff at him. Why was he acting like a total jerk. "Maybe because something happened that we need to talk about!" I exclaim.

"We know what happened what's there to talk about?" He asks un caring. We have so much to talk about like how I told him I felt something when we kissed, about how he wants to have a secret relationship, what that hook up was...

"Fine! Be that way" I scoff walking away from him to join the rest of the boys. He stood there in his own thoughts with a sour look on his face.

"You and Luke okay?" Michael asks.

"We will be eventually" I huff. "It's complicated" I tell him so he doesn't press on any further questions.

We continued to walk around town until we came across a haunted house. "WE HAVE TO DO THIS" Michael over enthusiastically shouts. I was going to piss my pants. I do not do good with scary.

"Let's buy the tickets it's dead cheap" Ashton informs as everyone lines up at the ticket booth. I stand in the back debating on this. I could easily stand out here safe and relaxed but seen as the biggest chicken ever or go in and Cry my eyes out as I face my fears.

"Lauren your next" Luke speaks up surprisingly. I must of had a terrified expression on my face. "Cmon it's probably a joke you'll be fine" He encourages me. I nod purchasing my ticket. Some how just those few words had comforted me. Not sure why now he's decided to try to be nice I don't question it.

There was a little bit of a line and as we got closer and closer to the entrance my fears starts getting the best of me. I sucked on the inside of my cheek trying to fight the urge to cry. I even had to wipe tears that accidentally fell. I could just leave and walk out and not go through with it. Although I'd lose my 5 dollars it wouldn't matter so much. The worst part of it all was I was stuck in the back with nobody to cling to which also meant that anything that chose to follow us would grab on to me.

Luke glanced over at my and his face softened as he walked towards me. "Relax" He tells me softly.

"I think I might just walk out" I mumble trying not to cry. He gives me a quick hug which made my heart melt. How can he be so magical, he can be this hot sexy bastard or this complete jerk but he also has this soft side and it's confusing as fuck.

"I'll Protect you I promise" He whispers into my ear giving me a boost of confidence. I nod latching onto him.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did" I mumble against him. His face falls as he lifts my head up.

"Don't be sorry. I was acting like a total prick" he answers sincerely as we begin to enter the haunted house. I clung on to him for dear life as I let tears fall down my face. I was absolutely terrified and at one point I had closed my eyes walking blind.

-

It was later that night and I sat out on the hotel balcony patiently waiting for the sun to set. I really loved watching the sunset from every city we visited. They were all unique and beautiful in their own way. Soon I felt Luke's presence stand behind me as he quietly took a seat beside me. Neither of us spoke and it made me feel a tiny bit awkward.

"Lauren?" I hear Luke's soft voice speak.

"Hmm?" I hum in response glancing over him as he looks towards me. He bites down on his lip playing with his lip ring.

"I think it's time we talk" He admits and I nod allowing him to go first because I wasn't so sure what to start out with.

"Your really messing with me..." He starts and I furrow my eye brows at him. "your confusing me so much and I can't tell if you have feelings for me or you don't but your all I can think about 24/7"

I go a bit wide eyed. Was he really putting me on the spot to say how I feel? Did I even know how I feel?

"I don't mean to confuse you Luke" I sincerely say looking down playing with my fingers. He sighs "I know"

"I'm confused too" I admit as my eyes meet his once again. He had a look of hope in his eyes as I begin to speak again.

"A lot has happened over the best few weeks. Everything happened so fast one minute I'm in a bar and the next thing you know I'm on tour with a band" I exclaim remembering everything that had happened that night we met. "I did a lot of crazy things Luke. Things I'd never see my self doing and they really were amazing. I'm absolutely living my dream right now. Being a photographer like this was something I've always dreamt of and I can't thank you enough!" I continue and he slides his hand over mine which is placed down on the flooring of the balcony. My legs swinging back and forth through the fencing.

"That first kiss we had, that shocked me. The only boy I've ever kissed was Mason before that. It honestly had taken me back because this was all so new for me. We had a few moments and even had sex but we never figured anything out and I'm partially to blame for that." I tell him.

"I'm not exactly sure what I want with us but I definitely don't want anyone to know... At least not yet" I let him know and I see his lips curve up into a small smile.

"Don't worry I kind of liked having you as my little secret" He admits. The sun lit the sky up into a beautiful pink and I looked back towards Luke who had his eyes fixed on mine.

"What?" I smirk and he giggles a little.

"Your really beautiful" He tells me as he leans closer and our lips touch. They move in a slow motion with a lot of passion. It wasn't a long kiss it was simple with a lot of meaning. I leaned my head against his shoulder our hands intertwined as we quietly sat watching the set.