Chapter Thirteen

Luke's POV

I raced back to the venue with my heart beating fast. Everything was confusing me. Are the boys gonna say something to her? Should i tell her right now? Should I wait? Does she feel the same way?

I entered the venue and saw her scrolling through pictures on her laptop as she was seating on the couch. A sense of relief washed through my body knowing she was untouched and safe.

"Hey baby girl" I say causing her to turn around and smile at me.

"Hey? Where's the boys?" She asks glancing behind me.

"I left the interview early because I am very not
ok with that guy trying to protect you. It's very sketchy and he makes me nervous" I ramble off to her. She stands up waking over to me.

"Look i'm ok? Everything's very confusing right now but we shouldn't think about that." She starts off grabbing my two hands and entwining them with hers. "We're all around right now" She she says softly looking right into my eyes. I could already feel my self getting lost into her.

Her waist came in contact with me as my right hand wrapped around it holding her tight. Our lips connected slowly as the kiss turns passionate I bring my left hand up to her cheek. Our lips start moving in a faster motion and my hand slides down to her butt grabbing it a little bit. Her arms wrap around my neck and both my hands are now around her waist. We stumble a little as her back presses against the wall and i take a hand placing it on the wall holding my body weight.

As I begin to deepen the kiss I could hear a door down the hall open and close with multiple male voices. We break apart and Lauren scurrys over to the couch going straight back to what she was doing before I came. I quickly whip my phone out awkwardly leaning against the wall. All the boys walk in and I watch as there eyes flickr back and forth between us. They were trying to put two and two together. I took my head and did the cut it out movement to try and tell them not to say a word. Really all they knew was that I was in love with her but they didn't know anything else and I was hoping it would stay that way just for a little while longer.

"Heard some creep stopped by how did he even get in?" Ashton asks clearing the awkward silence.

"He's here to protect me or something it's all very strange" Lauren says to him shrugging her shoulders. I knew she was nervous that the person who hurt her in the past is walking the streets looking for her but she's trying to relax and not get to overwhelmed and scared over it.

"You'll be safe, I don't want that creep anywhere near you know matter who he is" I say.

"What if he's here to help though? What if he is who he says he is?" Michael asks. I walk closer to them crossing my hands. "That's just
something we'd have to figure out. But we can't put in any trust straight away because there's plenty of manipulators out in this world and you'd never realize" I tell them all. They all nod and scatter across the roll. Calum was stood smirking as I watched him look between me and Lauren. He walks over to me.

"I could feel the sexual tension burning between you" He says in a whisper.

"Shut up" I groan giving him a nudge.

"Oh cmon, You can't just be in love with her and not have anything going on. Trust me you don't think i've caught you too before ?" He laughs a little and my eyes widen.

"When?" I ask

" oh there's been a couple times... Just be glad it was me and nobody else. Don't worry I haven't said a word." He smirks. "But i'm not sure why you'd keep it from us. I really think it's cute, it was so bound to happen" He continues.

"Because work and relationships might not work with everyone so we're a secret couple" I tell him.

"Does she know your in love with her?" He asks curiously.

"No I just said it out loud for the first time today" I shake my head as I watch her head tilt back with a big smile as she lets a laugh out. Michael was always one to make her laugh they had a perfect friendship and I always loved watching from a far.

"You should tell her soon." He tells me patting me on the back and walking away. I watch him walk away and turn my head back to watch her.

I didn't wanna just come out and confirm me and her although everyone knew I was in love with her, I think it would take her a little off guard.

"Lauren i've come to warn you" An unfamiliar voice barges into the room. Everyone stands up on edge turning to face the male.

"What?" She asks rudely.

"He's here and he's waiting to enter the venue." The male says. My heart feels like it's going to burst out of the chest.

"Who the hell are you" I say in a very protective tone.

"Oh she didn't tell you?" He looks at me
funny. "I'm here to protect her"

"She doesn't need your help" I bark out and everyone gives me a look. She walks over to me grabbing onto my arm.

"Just let it go Luke. Now we know to alert security to not let him in from any line. That was something helpful!" She exclaims.

"How do I know that I can trust this guy?" I say still rudely. She shuts up staring right into my eyes.

"Exactly nobody knows if we can trust this guy" I say loudly.

"You know what man maybe you should
go" Ashton says walking over to him.

"You guys don't get it do you? I'm the only
person who can keep her safe!"

That made me angry. I was gonna charge right over to him and punch the guy in the face but michael and Calum raced over to me and held
me back.

"i'll just be chilling back here then"

I look over at Lauren who gives me an awkward smile looking down.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask her. "Alone"

She nods and we walk into the large bathroom.

"What are you thinking!" I exclaim.

"I'm thinking we need all the help we can get"