Chapter 2- Life of Derek

I see a lot of potential in this story so I'm going to see through this one till the end. Except you know... it'll take awhile.

Okay, let's just say, Derek has a regular schedule. Once he gets up, he runs for a good thirty minutes, takes a quick shower before Laura, and then heads off to school in his black Camaro. During school and in between classes, he messes around with his friends. They roughhouse like crazy and it makes him happy to get the exercise in. He's never met someone so... Odd. No one else is like Stiles and it bothers Derek that he's different.

He shouldn't say no one else, but he has a look in his eye. A determination to get past the day and it's almost inspiring. Like he will get to where he wants to go no matter the obstacle. Derek likes it, but the more he messes around with him, the more agitated he gets. Derek wasn't one to be social, so this is really the one thing he knows all his friend like and it's honestly very confusing. He sort of did it on muscle memory at this point and it felt like he was really hurting his chances when he did. Stiles seemed to like Lydia and one argument let his plan kick into motion. A plan to not have to ask Stiles directly to the prom! She finally agreed to go ask him after a couple of minutes of hyping up what a douche Jackson would become. She was also so confident that he was going to say yes and that was an excellent giddy feeling in the pit of Derek's stomach.

When she returned however, she seemed a lot more irked. Turns out Stiles wasn't going to prom, which made Derek mad... For some reason. Like it was unacceptable, so he sort of kept running into Stiles all day. Eventually, he plucked up the courage to ask Stiles why he wasn't going to prom, so he followed (Stalked)** Stiles to a pawn shop. He parked the Camaro maybe a block away and being the werewolf that he is, he ran to the entrance. However, as soon as he approached the door, he accidentally ran into Stiles and what he really means is... over. The kid was Jell-O, he couldn't help but run over Stiles.

"What are these?" Derek asked and picked up some earrings from the cement, the words sort of just slipped out," I didn't know you liked earrings. What are you, a girl?"

"No, I wanted to give them to Lydia! Since her birthday was coming up, I bet you didn't know that, I bet you only know about the party she throws for Jackson, you don't care..." Stiles wasn't very good at insults, that was obvious, but it was true. He didn't really know when Lydia's birthday was, " you just stand there and don't do anything, sure you talk about people behind their back, but you don't do anything except encourage the fights..." Stiles was letting it out-Derek did encourage it. Though some of what he said wasn't true at all, probably projecting some inner turmoil... Probably...

"I do not! I don't talk about people behind their back, and I'm in every sports team, what are you in? Nothing, you don't do anything!" He shot back," Lydia wouldn't of even talked to you today if it wasn't for me telling to do it since she was having problems with Jackson again..." Stiles was just frustrating him, all he wanted to talk about was prom... To Stiles.

"And you know why she talked to me? Hmm, to get back at Jackson, because I'm a loser. Because I'm unpopular. She wanted to go to prom with me to agitate Jackson, well Jackson would of shoved me against the wall, just like you did earlier today, and had I said yes, probably would've assaulted me in very creative ways, over and over again. All because of you, thanks asshole!" He took the earrings back.

"You think she'll like you after you give her those?" He tried to make Stiles let out all he could. Since he was taken aback by Stiles' hand taking the earring, he sort of put a blank expression on.

"I don't need to get her to like me, I know where I'm heading," he backed up and got to his jeep," I don't need to gain anything from getting Lydia to like me! But I'll do it!" He got into the jeep all the while giving him a various malicious looks and the middle finger.

"She won't like you," Derek shot back again, Stiles started the car and drove away. Wow, just wow, what started out as a conversation about going to prom and making Stiles go... Now was an argument that Derek brought on intentionally. Probably healthily for them both. Stiles allowed him to let it out. That was good. He would need to talk to Stiles about other important things, he just brought out more of Derek. He ran back to his Camaro and drove home. As soon as he got home, he heard ringing, a loud ringing. He only got a few words, wish, take, and place. He passed out on the couch. He dreamt of Stiles, him laying in bed, sleeping. He had the urge to join him, which was odd. He tried, then it was a bright light. All too bright for his eyes.

Who do you want to see first, Derek in Stiles' body or Stiles in Derek's body? Votes please... Even though I'm going to post this soon, all you 12 or so people, vote...

- Counterfeit