Chapter 7 - The Game

I am finding the will in myself to complete a story, how life changing...

To be honest, Stiles loved having a different life. He was miserable, if he could just change one mistake, this time he wouldn't show his feelings for Lydia. This time she'll not think he's creepy, Jackson won't hold a grudge, he'd never lose his best friend, and maybe his life won't be so miserable.

The last class of the day was the most anxious he'd ever been. He kept getting texts from Derek that he refused to look at. The bell rang, blowing a breath of fresh air from his lips. Grabbing his bag and getting up was pure bliss. The crowds never seemed more obsolete than today, the flashes of color were quicker blurs. The door to the parking lot was in sight when he heard his name.

"Stiles." Derek was ripping through the crowd towards him. He scoffed, "Stiles!" The door was getting closer, but not as fast as Derek was.

"I don't want to hear it," he repeated to himself. Just as he made his way out the door, Derek reached him.

"Stiles, I know. I know how you feel, please listen to me."

"It doesn't matter, I don't want to talk to you," Stiles was stopped by a firm grip.

"Go to prom with me." There was a second pause, "please."

"Did you out me... to force me to go to prom with you?" That feeling was disgusting.

"No, no, please don't think that. I said that for you because I am gay. I was panicking, I wasn't use to being... You. You know how it feels, you were in my body. You know-" he was talking about being a werewolf. He did, but that still doesn't mean he wants to go with Derek.

"I do know, but I told you to take my medication. I told you what it's like to be me. I wanted you to pass by Jackson. Instead, you publicly outed me. Do you even know what I sat through? I sat next to Scott. How do you think that makes me feel?" Derek grabbed Stiles and hugged him hard.

"I think it makes you feel happy to see him so happy and I think you wish you could have been there for him."

"Which is why I am going to wish for that exact thing." Derek froze holding Stiles.

"You can't, Stiles. That magic is dangerous, you can't wish for anything else."

"Why not? I can fix it, I can fix all of it," Stiles pushed off the muscular body gripping him, "if we can swap bodies, then I can fix our friendship."

"Stiles," Derek was glad the halls were emptying, "he isn't worth it. He said he didn't want to be friends with you. Think of what he'd feel if you told him what you were going to do. And I'm not sure those earrings are strong enough to change what's already been done." The brown haired teen's face fell.

"Derek," It was Lydia, her heels clicked to a haunt in front of them. They weren't being very loud, but it was obvious they were in some sort of conflict, "I hate to disrupt this couples dispute-"

"Oh, we aren't-"

"That's not what-"

They looked at each other, maybe there was something now that wasn't there before. But between the magic and the amount of emotions in the air, the situation was highly awkward for them both.

"Okay, well, when you're done arguing like you are a couple. Finstock is looking for you. Jackson is pissed and Scott..." She looked over at Stiles.

"It's not like he's Voldemort, you can say his name. I won't burst into flames."

"Scott is trying to calm him down, but he's having none of it. I would go, but we aren't talking again..."

"Of course you aren't," Stiles sassed back, "you know Lydia, for someone so smart, you find the dumbest people to keep you company." He glared at the werewolf next to him.

"Shit, the game. Stiles, promise me you won't do anything stupid."

"I don't know what he was going to do," the strawberry blonde gripped Stiles' arm, tugging him sharply, "but now he's coming with me to the game." Stiles watched the two eye each other down, Derek seemed to either be jealous or concerned, Lydia was unreadable. Though, to be fair, he's had more experience dealing with Derek.

"Looks like I am already breaking the promise," they looked back at him, "I'm doing something stupid and going to your game." They both huffed in relief in their own right. Backing away from each other.

"Please think about what I asked you earlier."

"I'm still mad at you," Stiles gritted, he threw his arms up in surrender as he made his way to the locker room.

Lydia dragged Stiles across the hall, there they waited in almost complete silence before a groups of girls busted through one of the main entrances, "That's our cue," was all she said when she made her way through the entrance out onto the walkway to the field. Allison was sitting on the farthest side of the big seats, with Michelle keeping her company. Lydia seemed to realize this and brought Stiles to the opposite end away from the majority of the masses.

"Why not sit with the girls? I have always appreciated Allison's company."

"How much do you know about Derek?" The conversation haunted for Stiles. Maybe Lydia was testing waters, he couldn't possibly imagine Derek telling Lydia about being a werewolf.

"I know enough," was all he gave back. The game started, Lydia paid no mind to the boy next to her. "How much do you know?"

"I also know enough... and I am starting to think as of a day ago, something is off between the two of you. I don't know what Derek has told you, but I know what he's told me."

"Wait. Are you mad at Derek because he's leaving you out of what happened between me and him? Or are you curious as to why he disclosed such information?"

"So he did tell you his little secret." She stated bluntly.

"I wouldn't say he told me, I had to experience it first hand. But something tells me that I am now going to chew his ass even more now."

"So, now that you know that I know. Care to tell me what did happen?" They finally made eye contact. A goal was being made in the background, Stiles knew Derek was listening in on the conversation. What a good way to get revenge.

"What happens every year around this time. I go to buy you a gift. Derek heard that I wasn't going to prom, confronted me after I bought this gift I wanted to give you. Let's just say I should have listened to the old man's warning."

Oooh Lydia knew? Sorry this is getting so rushed. I'm just so excited to tell the entire story. I will most likely comb through all of it after I complete the story, might give y'all a chance to really experience this story rather than just read.