Chapter 6 - Mornings, the worst part of the day

Another update???

Derek woke up alone, no sound or smell to connect him with his usual life. Before, it was a shower of happiness that he didn't even know he appreciated until he woke up today. Finding something sensible for Stiles was ridiculously hard. His hoody was what he went with again, as he approached the bathroom. A thought dawned on him as he felt his clothes.

What Stiles doesn't know, won't hurt him. He set down his change of clothes and grabbed his phone. He bent himself over in a couple of positions, presenting himself, captions with a couple of photos with "Derek, please." And "I hope you're not too big..." those photos will never leave his phone, he has decided. As he checked himself out more, he realized Stiles has surprisingly white teeth. A cute butt amongst other things. His eyes are also beautiful.

After he finished up cleaning himself and preparing for this day, he made his way to school. He almost parked in his usual spot, but noticed Stiles happened to be at school, with his Camaro. He found his way into the school, remembering the slip with the locker information on it. He'd just have to fake it until he made it.

"Stilinski!" Jackson shouted, the teen strutted towards him.

"What?" He responded.

"No snarky back?" Shit, he was suppose to be Stiles and he was already failing.

"Did you want something or do you just like to stand there and look like an idiot?" That's a bit more like Stiles. Jackson smashed his shoulder into the locker in response.

"I almost thought Lydia was joking, but she did bring some good news. You not going to prom."

"I am going," Derek spoke for Stiles, whether or not Stiles wanted to, he was going, "I just don't want to go with Lydia."

"Good, you don't deserve her. A stalker like you'd just freak her out anyway. Don't you have anything better to do than to bother us with your pathetic attempts to get her attention?"

"I don't even like Lydia," he didn't mean to say that out loud for Stiles.

"Bullshit, everyone has seen you dumbass. Every party, every year."

"I don't know if you have noticed, but Lydia hasn't shut me down, probably because she knows I'm gay. So, I guess you're wrong. That little goddess deserves better than you," Jackson noticed Danny across the hall, he shoved Derek away one last time to end the conversation. Stiles was right, he is getting way too physical. It's probably his fault for doing it first. The teachers don't seem to bother with the rough housing since Derek and Jackson are the pride of Beacon Hills with their teamwork.

Stiles sat down where Derek said he usually sits down, the small table suddenly had Danny and Jackson on one end, Lydia came with Michelle, they contrasted remarkably. Michelle radiated this warm aura, her olive skin was looking smooth like butter. Her weave was styled the way she saw fit, Lydia had a cold demeanor. Seeing through everything and everyone her gaze met. Eventually Stiles's eyes met Boyd's, he looked around the table for a bit. Apparently they were the quiet ones.

That's when Scott sat down with Allison. Stiles' heart pumped a bit, Scott smiled. Smiled genuinely, he was happy with these people, without him. Be he had to put on a fake face, normalize himself to the situation. Keep calm even though he was sad. Sad that he'd lose this new life, the smell of a well housed family, the super senses. And he'd lose his best friend for a second time.

"Derek, are you ok?" It was Michelle, Stiles nodded for him.

"I hope you are, we have Lacrosse." Jackson stated, "can't have you skipping. Not tonight."

"I'll be there." He stated, Jackson always rubbed him the wrong way. This turned out to be way more of a pain in his ass than he'd like to admit, Derek probably experienced a mild shock from Jackson and that was it, he's here dealing with what should have been a sibling he never had. And losing a good life, he'd go back to being regular Stiles again.

Sometime between the classes, Lydia approached 'Stiles' again, "I hear from Jackson that you've come out."

"Yeah, why are you talking to me?"

"Because I don't buy it. You've been infatuated with me since like ever. Somethings going on."

"Yeah, and it's a tall dark and handsome guy named Derek Hale."

"Oh, no." Lydia shook her head, "Derek can't be with you. He hangs out with me and Scott. And I know the history, I was surprised when Scott so openly told me." Scott told Lydia what he did to Stiles, 'now that is actually horrible,' Derek thought.

"Scott told you what exactly."

"That your stalker-ish behavior towards me creeped him out and also he could no longer be seen with you. But it sucks you came out gay now, just imagine what would have happened..." Lydia huffed. That's when Derek felt a familiar dizzying feeling and found himself at his usual table. In his own body. He felt kind of sick, from the magic and from the information. Scott said that to Lydia, his opinion of him has changed dramatically.

Michelle seemed to pick up on him feeling unwell, which was usual. She stood up abruptly. "Derek, you do not look well. Let's take you to the nurse and have you lie down. This time, with no arguments." And that's how he found himself woozily headed into the nurse's office for the first time in his life.

Stiles found himself in front of Lydia. "What?" He looked around.

"I said Scott is was weirded out by your creepy behavior and that's why he wanted to stop being friends with you. Truthfully, I wanted to get your side of the story. Especially now since you've come out as gay." He and Derek are going to have so many words.

"Okay, here's the deal. I thought I was going to marry you in the third grade. You had your shit together since all the way back then. Out of respect for how awesome you are, my kindness may have gotten a little out of hand. But the real reason Scott stopped hanging out with me was because of your boyfriend. Jackson and I haven't ever gotten along and who does he hang out with now? I thought you'd connect the dots, I was kind of hoping you would. You hang out with some awful people," Stiles turned away from the fiery haired person.

He shot several texts to Derek, all concluding of insults because he's upset. 'You are the biggest asshole,' that was the last one.

'I'm sorry, I panicked in front of Jackson!'

'So now you know how it feels to be me, that panic doesn't go away.'

'I do know how you feel. And I am sorry you feel that way, I'm glad we're back to normal.'

'You once again messed up my life, Derek.' He just talked off Lydia, probably Jackson, knowing those populars, everyone will know he's gay, Scott will find out. And he's not even sure that he is on top of all this, he felt a buzz from his phone, but refused to look.

He needed a break from this random high school drama. There's only one way he could think of to fix this entire situation.