Chapter 9

Lauren's POV

I hated how I left things with Camila  earlier since we've never been mad at each other for more than a few hours. I knew I had to fix things. I made my way to to Camila's house and decided to climb up and enter through the window instead of going through the front door. I know that Sinu told me to just come through the front door so I wouldn't get hurt when climbing up the side of their house, but it's currently 11 pm and I didn't want to disturb the Cabellos.

I climbed up and popped my head through the window to see Camila who looked terrified once again.

"God Lauren, why can't you just use the front door?" she said, putting a hand on her heart in shock.

"It's pretty late and I don't think I should be here right now." I said as I climbed through and jumped lightly onto the surface of the bedroom floor. "I came to apologize.  I hate how we left things earlier and I just wanna say sorry."
I said, as I stood by her window, looking into Camila's eyes.

"I feel the same way. I didn't mean to frustrate you earlier." she said as I walked closer to her.

I nodded understandingly and started to speak up once again.

"I just hated that he was being like that with you. You deserve someone so much better Camz" I said, my eyes slightly filling with tears.

Camila pulled me into a hug, and we stayed there hugging for a little while, as we both wept and shed a few tears.

I pulled away and laid my hand on her cheek, gently caressing it. I looked into her eyes as if I was staring deep into her soul, and I could see a small shade of red appearing upon Camila's cheeks.

But that's when I did something that I wasn't even expecting to do. I leaned in and took her lips into a deep and meaningful kiss. It took Camila a few seconds to realize what was going on, but as soon as she did, she kissed back. It wasn't forced or rough, it was gentle and soft. Our lips were perfectly moulded together as if they fit together like puzzle pieces. I pulled away after a few more seconds and we were both stunned in silence. We were both breathing heavily and I could see that both our pupils were dilated. I was shocked that I even took that risk. Right after, I instantly thought that I made a mistake, and I was confused on what I was even feeling right now.

"I'm sorry" I said, as I reached up and touched her lips, feeling thoroughly confused during this moment.

Before I gave a Camila a chance to speak, I was out the window and I started my way down the side of the house.
//
What did I just do. Oh my god.

I walked around, pacing back and forth in my room, thinking about what I just did. 

"Why the hell did I do that?"

"I think I just ruined everything" I thought, still breathing heavily and pacing around in panic.

I reached up to touch my lips, as I could still imagine the feeling of Camila's soft lips upon my own. It was so sudden, but as soon I took her lips in my own, I didn't want to stop. I felt pure bliss and when she started to move her lips in sync with mine, it all just felt so right. I didn't even realize how long it went on until I pulled away. And afterwards, I was a total idiot because I didn't say a word. When I did say something, it all came out wrong. I apologized for initiating the kiss but when I saw the look on Camila's face, I instantly regretted it.