Chapter 25

One week later

-

After a few minutes of stunned silence in the room, Normani decided to speak up.

"I can't believe you're moving Laur. This is terrible" Normani noted sadly as she sat there shocked at the news.

She looked at the rest of the girls who were also extremely upset due to the news that they had just received.

"I don't know what to say" Ally admitted as she looked down in sadness.

"Is the decision final?" Dinah asked as she mindlessly played with her fingers, nervously waiting for a response that she knew was going to be what no one wanted to hear.

"Yeah." Lauren sighed as she looked at her 3 best friends who were very upset.

Camila squeezed Lauren's hand in reassurance and she gave her a sad smile.

This was hard on everyone. The girls definitely didn't want Lauren to leave and the same went for Camila. Camila was trying to make everyday last and she was dreading the day that was quickly coming up.

Camila was dealing with it the hardest. After the night she got drunk, she cried herself to sleep and she was getting only a few hours of sleep after that night. Since then, every night, she either snuck out to Lauren's house and slept with her, or vice versa. She couldn't sleep without Lauren. The thought of being away from her honestly scared the shit out of her.

Camila kept telling herself that everything would be alright, but in the back of her mind, she knew that she would struggle to get through her life without Lauren.

They were soon snapped away from their thoughts when they heard the sound of sniffling.

"Is Dinah Jane Hansen crying?" Lauren asked in a playful manner, hoping to make light of the situation

"Yeahhhh! I think that's a tear rolling down her cheek" Camila played along as she pointed at Dinah and pretended to squint to get a better look.

"Shut up. I'm not crying, you guys are just so ugly and it's making my eyes water" Dinah lied as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"That doesn't make sense D" Normani laughed as she teased her friend

"Whatever. It's just allergies. Try spending all this time with Mila and you'll get them too" Dinah played off as she took a few seconds to compose her self.

"Hey!" Camila complained as she threw a pillow in Dinah's direction.

Lauren looked around at the others and the laughter suddenly died down.

This was real. Their best friend was moving away. Although they tried to make light of the situation, they knew that reality was gruelling, and it honestly sucked.

Lauren tried to talk to her parents many times over the past week and they still wouldn't budge. She tried, and sad to say, she failed.

Soon enough, Ally and Normani let out a few tears as they thought about the current situation.

"Guysss, now I'm gonna cry!" Lauren whined as she teared up at the sight of her saddened best friends.