Chapter 26

It's been almost a month since Lauren and Camila parted ways, and it's been taking a toll on both of them.

They tried to either call or text each other everyday, but with school work getting in the way, it was hard to make time. But they knew that they had to contact each other no matter what.

Camila and the girls missed Lauren so much and they felt very different with just the 4 of them.

Lauren had been taking it the hardest though. She hated her new life. She hated her school, and she missed everything about Miami. The only thing that gave her the slightest bit of relief, was having a friend at her new school. Her long time friend Lucy went to the same school and Lauren was just grateful that she knew someone. Lucy and Lauren knew each other since they were younger, but much like Lauren's current situation, Lucy moved out of Miami and ended up here too.

But despite having someone, she knew that this all seemed wrong. She wanted to be with her friends, at her old school, and in her girlfriend's arms.

Luckily for Lauren, she had a few days off due to exam break. She planned on spending those days in Miami with Camila and the girls.

A few more hours until school was out.

She just had to get through today then she could see Camila tomorrow when she drove up to Miami.

Lauren's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the annoying sound that happened to be the bell.

Lauren made her way down the hallway to her next class, avoiding everyone else in the process.

She got to her class and immediately sat down in her seat near the back.

"You look like shit" a familiar voice sounded from beside Lauren.

Lauren looked up to see Lucy taking a seat her and settling in.

"Oh thanks." Lauren sarcastically thanked her brown eyed friend and with a playful eye roll.

"No thanks necessary" Lucy laughed as she continued on teasing her friend. "But seriously, why do you look like you got hit by a bus?" Lucy asked, clearly worried about Lauren, but still bugging her in the process. She just wanted to lighten Lauren's mood a little.

"I couldn't sleep last night. No big deal, I just have no motivation today" Lauren admitted, and as if on cue, her stomach grumbled loud enough for Lucy to hear.

"I'm guessing that you haven't eaten either?" Lucy questioned after eliciting a giggle.

"Nope" Lauren responded with a slight blush of embarrassment.

"Here. Unlike you, I actually ate earlier today" Lucy said, handing a granola bar to the green eyed girl.

Lauren thanked her friend before ripping open the wrapper and eating the bar.

"You need to stop having all nighters. You have to get some sleep Laur," Lucy advised Lauren, having been worried about her for the last few weeks.

It's true, Lauren talked to Camila and their friends on a daily basis, but Lauren was still very upset. She tried to move on and at least tolerate the situation, but she found herself staying up all night thinking about how much she hated her life now. Every time she tried to sleep, negative thoughts invaded her mind and stopped her from doing so.